First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport FK7 2019
Country flag
Hello,

I am a noob with no knowledge on lighting and bulbs etc. My FK7 comes with stock red ambient/foot lighting and dome light is the basic yellowish light. I want to change it to a blacklight/purple/blue lighting and was wondering what i would need to do this?

I have tried to do some research but have no idea what to search for.

Thank you :)
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Changing the dome and map lights is incredibly easy

There are a variety of suppliers, the one I used (Diode Dynamics) gives a helpful list of what you need... then you just choose your preferred bulb colour & brightness ...

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?find=2019-honda-civic-486269&sid=OXQk3rz5EH

look for the Dome & Map lights

Stick with their HP3 or HP5 bulbs and then just choose your preferred colour tone (e.g. Blue)

then it really is as simple as popping the light covers, pulling out the stock halogen bulbs and slipping in the new LED ones. You can find all kinds of YouTube videos on this if you need step by step guidance.

You might as well do your Trunk (BOOT) lighting if you have any while you are at it?

I can share with you that having coloured Map / Dome lights does make it hard to see your goodies... I have Red, more of a light sensitivity thing, but the lights are now more of a courtesy light now than "Hey I dropped my XXX and need to find it in the dark"

RE: Footlighting

If you have a Honda footwell lighting kit then your only choice is to replace that with some aftermarket lighting kit (unless you are comfortable removing LED's from circuit boards or something, which it sounds like you are not, fair enough)... check Amazon or again some YouTubers have install videos of various products.

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Also you may not realize but there is probably a subtle blue or red overhead light above your shifter. Look between your map lights and in the dark if you hold your hand under that, you will probably see a red or blue light being cast downwards from there...

Now if you want to change that, it is possible (to red, or blue with the right Honda parts)... let me know and I can dig that up for you if need be. Other members have done fancier things like replace the board level LED with some entirely different colour... beyond my skills.

OP
OP

joshuaw03

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport FK7 2019
Country flag
Changing the dome and map lights is incredibly easy

There are a variety of suppliers, the one I used (Diode Dynamics) gives a helpful list of what you need... then you just choose your preferred bulb colour & brightness ...

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?find=2019-honda-civic-486269&sid=OXQk3rz5EH

look for the Dome & Map lights

Stick with their HP3 or HP5 bulbs and then just choose your preferred colour tone (e.g. Blue)

then it really is as simple as popping the light covers, pulling out the stock halogen bulbs and slipping in the new LED ones. You can find all kinds of YouTube videos on this if you need step by step guidance.

You might as well do your Trunk (BOOT) lighting if you have any while you are at it?

I can share with you that having coloured Map / Dome lights does make it hard to see your goodies... I have Red, more of a light sensitivity thing, but the lights are now more of a courtesy light now than "Hey I dropped my XXX and need to find it in the dark"

RE: Footlighting

If you have a Honda footwell lighting kit then your only choice is to replace that with some aftermarket lighting kit (unless you are comfortable removing LED's from circuit boards or something, which it sounds like you are not, fair enough)... check Amazon or again some YouTubers have install videos of various products.
Thank you so much. I’ll take a look at the website. I’ll see leave the footwells alone for now or ask a mechanic friends thank you :)
Sponsored