Car cover -- thoughts and reviews

To cover or not to cover ... That is the question.

• Absolutely at all times.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It's worth it most of the time.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It's usually too much work.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Total waste of time. Give it a bath now and then and move on.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
I travel a lot and use airport parking frequently. The indoor parking places are very expensive around here. Has anyone gotten a car cover that they like and would recommend? Honda's OEM is $230 plus tax. I've looked at many of the online places but most have reviews all over the board. Thoughts . . .
Sponsored

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
What spets said, car covers are generally only good if you've just washed your car and are planning on storing it for the winter or something of the sort. Once there is any dirt on your car every time you put on and take the cover off it will be like sand papering your car with the rubbing. As long as you keep your car washed/waxed it will be okay to keep outside. The only things you have to worry about are if it rains and you're gone for a couple weeks it will be harder to get the water spots out, but if you are keeping outdoors make sure to get a film for your headlights or a "headlight wax" to keep them protected. And don't park under a tree that is worse than parking in direct sunlight.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I bought a cover for my last car, then never used it because I didn't want to keep collecting dirt with it.

What the others said ^^^^^ unless you keep the paint nice and clean all the time, it'll just rub the existing dirt into the surface.
Sponsored