Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Has anyone looked into adapting prl turbo inlet to other intakes? I’m sure it can be done but how much work?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
easy if you have basic knowledge of adapter couplers and knowing what size you need
Except the fact that the intake tube requires the 2 vents to be attched. One of which would require an adapter. Also it’s not just an angled boot. The bend dies not measure the same throughout. You can’t just attach any old intake elbow. It’s not that simple. Plus if you do just cut holes in one you can disrupt the airflow near the MAF because now your protruding into the path of air and can distort the readings. Besides that’s ghetto backyard stuff. That’s like going to home depot and building an intake out of pvc. I have 21 years as a professional tech. I will never rig up something. It has to look factory or completely professionally fabricated. You can feel free to do it your way I’m looking for the clean right way.[/QUOTE]

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
It's already been confirmed it works with the Mishimoto intake if you use the HVI tube, I believe it works with the Eventuri intake also. Not sure about anything else.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Except the fact that the intake tube requires the 2 vents to be attched. One of which would require an adapter. Also it’s not just an angled boot. The bend dies not measure the same throughout. You can’t just attach any old intake elbow. It’s not that simple. Plus if you do just cut holes in one you can disrupt the airflow near the MAF because now your protruding into the path of air and can distort the readings. Besides that’s ghetto backyard stuff. That’s like going to home depot and building an intake out of pvc. I have 21 years as a professional tech. I will never rig up something. It has to look factory or completely professionally fabricated. You can feel free to do it your way I’m looking for the clean right way.
[/QUOTE]

No need to tell me your life story bro, and sounds like youve thought about making your own intake before. lol

Ok maybe my answer was over simplified for the average person who doesent have the ability to do all that.. But I fabricate and make cnc parts and am well aware of whats involved with making an intake for this car.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Sorry I’ve dealt with way to many backyard guys who think like it’s all easy and never did it. Trash talkers basically. No I haven’t thought of making my own intake since back in the day when I owned a 1989 v6 Chevy beretta over 20 years ago. When they didn’t make parts. I said the hone depot line cause I’ve seen it and it looks bad. Turns out mishimoto intake works with hvi version. I’ve seen pics of it. I ordered it. If I don’t like the fitmebt I’ll change yo prl intake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I’ll answer the question for everyone zero modifications the prl turbo inlet will attach cleanly to mushimoto intake. You have to use hvi attachment. The stock style hose option will require modification and doesn’t fit cleanly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can prl turbo inlet be adapted to other intakes image

Honda Civic 10th gen Can prl turbo inlet be adapted to other intakes image

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Will the Prl inlet (hvi version) fit the eventuri intake?
I guess it can. Had to cut the prl silicone tube on the intake side (use the clamp as a guide and cut with a sharp blade). The intake side is about 2mm difference. So just use a heat gun and push it in.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can prl turbo inlet be adapted to other intakes DC512EF8-C9D5-41A8-95A1-5DB7EBDDACAA

Type_MBN

every dream has a beginning
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AP2, '21 CW FK8, '08 USF40
Country flag
I guess it can. Had to cut the prl silicone tube on the intake side (use the clamp as a guide and cut with a sharp blade). The intake side is about 2mm difference. So just use a heat gun and push it in.

DC512EF8-C9D5-41A8-95A1-5DB7EBDDACAA.jpeg
Thank you for sharing this! Looks amazing!

I was wondering, could you still use the Eventuri hose? Or do you need to use the PRL hose?

TIA!