Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
hey guys, the tires I have are wearing out very quickly on the inside edge compared to the outside. I want the camber to be 0 so I get even tire wear. how can I do this? thanks
Sponsored

sunnyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
hey guys, the tires I have are wearing out very quickly on the inside edge compared to the outside. I want the camber to be 0 so I get even tire wear. how can I do this? thanks
Post pics.

Factory camber on this car is only at -1.3 degrees. With the guide pins, you get a whopping +/- 0.3 degrees (sarcasm). Negative camber itself isn't that bad to inside wear of the tire unless you are a stance boi.

Most likely the toe needs to be adjusted if you do not have the many miles on them. Head to an alignment shop to help you out.

The other part is the stock continentals, like any low UTG tire, wear out quickly.

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Post pics.

Factory camber on this car is only at -1.3 degrees. With the guide pins, you get a whopping +/- 0.3 degrees (sarcasm). Negative camber itself isn't that bad to inside wear of the tire unless you are a stance boi.

Most likely the toe needs to be adjusted if you do not have the many miles on them. Head to an alignment shop to help you out.

The other part is the stock continentals, like any low UTG tire, wear out quickly.
it was Michelin p4s and my snow tire setup as well... is this normal wear? it surprised me to see the steel. also I'm not sure if it's the toe because its driving straight

Honda Civic 10th gen camber adjustment 20201015_133528

Honda Civic 10th gen camber adjustment 20201015_133502

Honda Civic 10th gen camber adjustment 20201015_133523

Honda Civic 10th gen camber adjustment 20201015_133454

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
that's from too much toe out (the pic with the steel belt showing).

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Is this on both front tires or just one?

Camber shouldn't be an issue.
I run -3 Deg front on mine of have no inner wear thats excessive.

Excessive toe does not automatically mean car wont drive straight.

Regardless you should get an alignment. I cant remember but wheel alignment could be under warranty for this issue.
could it be under warranty even if I am using different wheels? also it's on all 4 tires
Sponsored