mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My car used to connect to BT automatically.

Last week I tried to configure the headunit to display SMS, I added my 2nd handset. SMS display is still not working but somehow the 1st handset would not connect automatically anymore. I deleted the 2nd handset but the 1st handset would not connect by itself anymore.

Now when I try to make a voice call, the headunit would say there is no handset connected, It would ask me if I want to connect, I click Yes, then the headunit would display my handset, I click on the handset and it would connect. I must have done something wrong with the configuration but I can no longer what I did.

Do you recall a setting to connect BT automatically once the car is powered on?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Pretty sure it's the IOS software if you have an iphone. My cars shows the phone is connected but doesnt actually connect if that makes sense. Therefore i have to use the usb cable. I have had this issue ever since i updated to IOS 11

Gm52380

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had the same issue after updating to iOS 11. Delete your device from your car. Delete your car from your device. Start over and re-pair. I've had no problems since. I'm running iOS 11.2 now fwiw.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I had the same issue after updating to iOS 11. Delete your device from your car. Delete your car from your device. Start over and re-pair. I've had no problems since. I'm running iOS 11.2 now fwiw.
My main handset is Blackberry Priv (Andiord). It was working perfectly when I first got my car. Then I added Andriod Auto which I was not impressed at all. Then I tried to add SMS notification which did not work. I added iPhone to the device list.

I did remove Andriod Auto from the BB-Priv and deleted the all the devices in my car. Now the car can connect automatically but it would drop BT connection after a few minutes. I noticed this many time because I was on a call!
Sponsored