Jsmolls

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport coupe
Country flag
Has anyone ever done a blinking 3rd brake light mod on their coupe?
If so kindly post links on where you bought them
And videos and clips are always welcome
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I had one (eBay) on my RSX. But it was set to just flash once and then go steady. I felt that was a reasonable 'attention getter' without getting obnoxious. It was very basic. You just chose the speed and number of flashes. It worked with LED as well as incandescent bulbs.
And it always passed inspection with that setting. The newer ones seem to have all those patterns and stuff that look like the P-Funk Mothership has landed to re-funkatize the planet, Baby.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one (eBay) on my RSX. But it was set to just flash once and then go steady. I felt that was a reasonable 'attention getter' without getting obnoxious. It was very basic. You just chose the speed and number of flashes. It worked with LED as well as incandescent bulbs.
And it always passed inspection with that setting. The newer ones seem to have all those patterns and stuff that look like the P-Funk Mothership has landed to re-funkatize the planet, Baby.
Agreed I think those are much better. Idk if it's a new york thing but a lot of cars here run blinking brake/blinking 3rd brake from everything to minivans/trucks to normal vehicles. Some of these guys run settings where it hyperflashes like 10 times in a row lolol looks like a rave

I want a 3rd brake that blinks twice then goes steady, I think it's real good for the constant stop and go traffic in my area, way too many distracted drivers here

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a blinking 3rd brake light, but I do have these blinking brake lights. I've been using them for over a year, without complaint. They flash 4 times (I think) then just stay on red.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9MY261/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I understand, and respect, the opinion @MutatedMango shared ... but I'd rather get someone's attention (and run the risk of them being annoyed in stop and go traffic) than get rear ended because they "didn't notice the brake lights".

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*only related to "blinking brake light" because it involves blinkers ( a.k.a. turn signals)

Funniest thing that I ever experienced was a BMW driver, complaining about how bright my LED blinkers were. I mean, he's the first BMW driver I've ever met ... that knew what a blinker was!
(I'm not hating on BMW owners/drivers ... just some humor based on my personal experience and reinforced by internet reports and memes)

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
*only related to "blinking brake light" because it involves blinkers ( a.k.a. turn signals)

Funniest thing that I ever experienced was a BMW driver, complaining about how bright my LED blinkers were. I mean, he's the first BMW driver I've ever met ... that knew what a blinker was!
(I'm not hating on BMW owners/drivers ... just some humor based on my personal experience and reinforced by internet reports and memes)
Is funny I never received that complaint, I have in my car the lasfit they are super super amber

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have one of @ez12a 's blinker modules, one of if not the first coupe he made, had to make the connectors different for the coupe as its a different module. I've enjoyed the purchase, blinks 5 times then fades in and out while I'm holding the brake, "Hopefully" to get peoples attention when i start slowing down and to stop looking at their phones. But the slow fade in and out isnt jarring and is somewhat calming to look at. It comes with 4 DIP switches so you can choose from 20+ different patterns to your liking.

Here's a video how mine looks
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bjJudDFjTlBLbkNJTVFjakFJRW5acnptUWlzNjd3

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
i have one of @ez12a 's blinker modules, one of if not the first coupe he made, had to make the connectors different for the coupe as its a different module. I've enjoyed the purchase, blinks 5 times then fades in and out while I'm holding the brake, "Hopefully" to get peoples attention when i start slowing down and to stop looking at their phones. But the slow fade in and out isnt jarring and is somewhat calming to look at. It comes with 4 DIP switches so you can choose from 20+ different patterns to your liking.

Here's a video how mine looks
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bjJudDFjTlBLbkNJTVFjakFJRW5acnptUWlzNjd3
I made the order yesterday hopefully i will be receiving the module during the end of this week, this is a good visibility improvement since we have the traffic people using social media/ netflix acting like assholes

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is funny I never received that complaint, I have in my car the lasfit they are super super amber
My mother complained about the brightness of the rear blinkers, when I unlocked the car one time ... i told her that it's my defense against someone saying they didn't know I was going to turn!

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made the order yesterday hopefully i will be receiving the module during the end of this week, this is a good visibility improvement since we have the traffic people using social media/ netflix acting like assholes
If you can...please post a video or write up of the install.
Sponsored