Moran1997

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Hello all , new to the page have a 2018 Si just hit 30K , did a muffler delete , BOV replaced lights with HIDs put a 12inch RC light bar in the grill some minor stuff for looks, next step was thinking about doing the PRL big turbo kit 62 , some concerns how long are my internals gonna hold on the power increase I have a top of the line mechanic but just don’t want to give it to much on stock internals as it’s my daily driver and commuter to work Just wanna give it some more pep in its step and be a low key sleeper Wanna know your guys opinions on it And people who may have installed it already and issues they have come across Pros/cons. Thanks guys
Sponsored

OP
OP

Moran1997

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I wouldn't even touch big turbo if you haven't swapped your clutch for something more hefty than our stock one.
Lol yes I meant to add that in I was planning on a SPEC stage 2 clutch but more concerned on just blowing the motor on stock internals

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the GTX2860R on. I have about 4500 miles on it(currently ~32600 miles total). No issues at all so far. I drive very spiritedly when I'm on a cruise or going somewhere far. And I've done plenty of WOT pulls to redline.

If you drive more normally and arent doing WOT pulls every minute, you'll be fine for much much longer on stock internals. If you decide to add ethanol to the mix, then I would advise upgrading internals for longevity.

Also, make sure you get the tune done from someone very experienced with 10th gens. How long you can get on stock internals won't matter if you have a bad tune that grenades the engine.