Auto lights– Interior vs Exterior sensitivity settings?

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
Hi,

Has anyone here been able to get their automatic headlights to come on at a different time than their instrumentation panel dims? I have not.

There are two separate sensitivity settings, one for the headlights and another for the instrumentation panel.

Settings -> Vehicle -> Lighting Setup -> Auto Light Sensitivity
Settings -> Vehicle -> Lighting Setup -> Auto Interior Illumination Sensitivity

Honda Civic 10th gen Auto lights– Interior vs Exterior sensitivity settings? ruqwp3

Honda Civic 10th gen Auto lights– Interior vs Exterior sensitivity settings? i3tjjr

I'd like to set it so that my headlights come on before my instrument panel dims. To do this, I left my "Auto Light Sensitivity" set to the default "Mid" and set my "Auto Interior Illumination Sensitivity" to "Min." If I'm understanding the manual's explanation correctly, that should have the effect of the headlights coming on at a medium dark ambient light level, while the interior panels should not dim until it gets even darker outside.

Unfortunately, either I've been unable to verify that it's working as expected, or it's just not working as it should, or I've misunderstood how these settings work.

Has anyone else tried something like this successfully?