Audio Unit FYI

pgeorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD
Country flag
Just wanted to make everyone aware of the following, especially the people that are hacking their head units.

See attached PDF.
Sponsored

Attachments

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Just wanted to make everyone aware of the following, especially the people that are hacking their head units.

See attached PDF.
Honda hack has a feature to remove itself prior to dealer visits. Using that feature gives you a coded url for reinstalling. This shouldn't be an issue anyone has to worry about. I have been running it without any problems. Reverse camera works fine. No reboots. Able to drive around with YouTube/Netflix/hulu playing videos for my passengers.

Please comment if you have experienced problems with Honda Hack installed.

OP
OP

pgeorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD
Country flag
I just wanted to make everyone aware, so they remove it before they visit the dealer.

Not trying tell anyone not to do it......

megaphone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR R-16412
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this, this is something I was looking at doing. Has anyone actually had problems with Honda hack?

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Honda hack has a feature to remove itself prior to dealer visits. Using that feature gives you a coded url for reinstalling. This shouldn't be an issue anyone has to worry about. I have been running it without any problems. Reverse camera works fine. No reboots. Able to drive around with YouTube/Netflix/hulu playing videos for my passengers.

Please comment if you have experienced problems with Honda Hack installed.
Ugh. Exactly what I was trying to do the other day. I usually listen to podcasts that are uploaded onto youtube. I was gonna listen to one while I was driving and it wouldn't allow it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My hondahack headunit forgot all the presets and would only toggle between the XM Preview and Venus using the steering wheel buttons...using the touch screen worked fine.
Rebooted and reprogrammed presets. So far ok.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
My hondahack headunit forgot all the presets and would only toggle between the XM Preview and Venus using the steering wheel buttons...using the touch screen worked fine.
Rebooted and reprogrammed presets. So far ok.
That happened to me twice, once before honda hack was installed, and once after. I wound up cancelling XM since their playlists were feeling repetitive after about 5 months. I've had family memberships for Google Music and Spotify for years and feel they provide a better experience compared to what XM offers.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That happened to me twice, once before honda hack was installed, and once after. I wound up cancelling XM since their playlists were feeling repetitive after about 5 months. I've had family memberships for Google Music and Spotify for years and feel they provide a better experience compared to what XM offers.
I totally agree. I heard "This is America" at least 3 times in 180 miles on the one station. It's nice that you can fast forward/rewind the station, but you have to leave the KTuner View screen. I only went to XM because I was excited that it starts up without having to plug in the phone and mess around with it like my 09Si did... definitely want to go back to streaming I think, just need a better data plan.
Sponsored