T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I use Amazon music and I find that randomly it will disconnect and a reconnect fixes it

But also, it won't begin posting again music until I tap the play on the phone app
Sponsored

eaglesmerlin1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX HB
Just grabbed an iphone 8 on Wednesday night and jfc it has made my head unit freak out. Pandora doesnt connect even though if it plays fine through bluetooth. Multiple lock ups and reboots. The head unit will flash no title/song title/no title repeatedly until the headunit catches up or completely freezes.

*Disabled Carplay and still had connection issues*

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

identikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just an update... I've fixed most of my issues with CarPlay by deleting the Honda app. I saw that suggestion in an Apple forum and after deleting it, my phone never disconnects anymore. I still have trouble if I leave the phone plugged in between turning the car off and back on again.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
iPhone 6S Plus user here with Civic Hatch EX. No issues here. Have you tried swapping out your lightning cable?
I had the problem so I swapped cables. Same problem. Swapped cables again, same problem. Two of these are new cables BUT I'm pretty sure they're just eBay lightning cables.
Are certified cables available from 3rd party or must I get an Apple cable?

Brian

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recommend Anker: https://www.anker.com/products/110/197/lightning-cables
I've been using one of their cables in my 16 Civic for almost three years and never had a problem.
I'll check it out!
I was using the first eBay cable for probably a year or so? It's just been since it got cold, or since an iOS update happened, or something. It's totally software or at least I think it is. It seems to disconnect when I hit a BUMP or if I pull away from a stop sign or downshift to 2nd. Wiggling the cable never makes it work again. Unplug the cable from phone OR from USB port and plug back in and it works (right away after it loads...). The phone indicates it's still charging.
Annoying. I hope to fix it soon!

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I'll check it out!
I was using the first eBay cable for probably a year or so? It's just been since it got cold, or since an iOS update happened, or something. It's totally software or at least I think it is. It seems to disconnect when I hit a BUMP or if I pull away from a stop sign or downshift to 2nd. Wiggling the cable never makes it work again. Unplug the cable from phone OR from USB port and plug back in and it works (right away after it loads...). The phone indicates it's still charging.
Yes, the current is still running so it charges but the data connection is lost and has to be reestablished by reconnecting. In addition to getting a good cable, also examine the USB port on the Civic itself to make sure there are no crumbs or lint in there.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, the current is still running so it charges but the data connection is lost and has to be reestablished by reconnecting. In addition to getting a good cable, also examine the USB port on the Civic itself to make sure there are no crumbs or lint in there.
Good call. I'll check it out. Pretty hard to see back there behind the console but I'll figure it out with the phone camera or gopro or something.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I was having a similar problem with CarPlay - too often I would get this message "Unable to start Apple CarPlay. When safe please confirm the USB connection". I thought my Apple cable was faulty but what fixed it for me was cleaning the tip of the cable with some isopropyl alcohol. I also cleaned the USB port on my iPhone 11 using the alcohol. Since then I haven't had any connection problems.

Klamkhowder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I'll check it out!
Hey man, sorry to revive an old dead issue, but did you ever solve this? I'm having an issue that is absolutely identical to what you're describing here. I've swapped out 3 different cables, including ones recommended in this thread, ive also cleaned out the lightning port on my phone and changed settings recommended in other threads to no avail.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored