Anyone with Buddy Club Sport specs?

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Recently Installed my Buddy Club sport specs, while the ride quality is fantastic, the height is maxed out and doesn't even seem that low, which I'm kinda disappointed in. Anyone else have these coilovers? Looking for more opinions on them, maybe some tip to get them lower.
Sponsored

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At their lowest it should be over a 3 inch drop which is very significant. Are you sure your lowering them properly by shorting the shock body rather than the springs? It's a pretty common mistake to turn the springs until they are at the bottom of the shock rather than lowing the shock body itself.

OP
OP
Chris823

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
At their lowest it should be over a 3 inch drop which is very significant. Are you sure your lowering them properly by shorting the shock body rather than the springs? It's a pretty common mistake to turn the springs until they are at the bottom of the shock rather than lowing the shock body itself.
Yeah, I use the spanners to lower the whole shock body into the bottom portion, its about 1 turn from maxed out right now. I'm surprised there is still a gap, I may need to change my rim setup.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I use the spanners to lower the whole shock body into the bottom portion, its about 1 turn from maxed out right now. I'm surprised there is still a gap, I may need to change my rim setup.
And it's not low enough? Do you have a picture? on the site it says it's a 1.5 - 3.5 inch drop I can't really imagine how that wouldn't be low enough. I don't have those coils but I've had lots of experience with coils in general. You might need to run some bags for that ultra low life :respect:

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, really doesn't look like it's even close to being as low as it can be. Have you watched videos on how to lower coils because it's 100% not lowered fully. I guarantee it's because the shock body wasn't lowered and you just lowered the spring perches.

OP
OP
Chris823

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, really doesn't look like it's even close to being as low as it can be. Have you watched videos on how to lower coils because it's 100% not lowered fully. I guarantee it's because the shock body wasn't lowered and you just lowered the spring perches.
I set the shock body how buddy club told me to. I'm used to a full coilover setup on all 4 corners. The installation video from pro civic didn't help much. Buddy club told me to put pressure on the springs,just enough to hold them in and that was my ideal shock length. Was this incorrect? this is for the rear.

For the front, i undid the locking collar and spun the whole assembly down to lower the vehicle

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That doesnt seem right, even D2 springs sat lower than that setup in your picture.

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
i have already used tein flex Z for last 2 years. better stability + more planted and high speed / high way road. but sometimes it sound pop and clunk if you pass the bumpy / damaged road. is buddy club better and more silence than tein? thank you
Sponsored