STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I read on another thread that they just bend the tabs down from behind the bumper. If you look at the tabs that lie flat and slide into the black trim they have slight ridges, but it’s not enough to stop the 2 pieces from separating.
Sponsored

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I read on another thread that they just bend the tabs down from behind the bumper. If you look at the tabs that lie flat and slide into the black trim they have slight ridges, but it’s not enough to stop the 2 pieces from separating.
Thanks for the info. Is this something that they had to remove the bumper to do or was it something that can be done with minimal disassembly?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
It is quite noticeable if you know where to look. I looked at a co worker's 2018 Si and he had the same gap. It seems to be worse on the driver side but is also noticeable on the passenger side. Not sure if it came from the factory that way or if it just popped loose over time. Anyone else have this gap?

20180523_174740.jpg

20180523_174649.jpg
Hobby grade double sided tape could fix this. My passenger side has this I just noticed

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, same here. Bought my '18 in November. Looked fine until a few weeks ago. I am wondering if the heat from sitting in the sun possibly causes it. The rubber is a small part of the entire piece that runs along the lower windshield. It is almost like the hard plastic around the wipers is warping and pulling the rubber. It really is a crap design at the ends there. Picture below shows it pulled out all the way-that tab is soft rubber and is supposed to catch the fender lip and it is not strong enough to hold....only thing I have been able to come up with is gluing it to the fender....not a fan of that plan though....:hmm:

IMG_20180523_193435467.jpg
Mine doesn't has the problem, but it looks exactly like yours when I pull the cover out. All you need to do is just simply click it back. The plastic pieces that don't go in are the retaining tabs.
Sponsored

Last edited: