Any method of increasing pedal sensitivity in neutral?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I currently own a KTuner V2 and have flashed the 21 psi basemap with the throttle sensitivity quick adjustment turned all of the way up. Unfortunately, I've noticed that when attempting to revmatch during double downshifts (gear skip or two consecutive, either way), I can often blip the throttle all the way to the floor and still be unable to get the RPM's to rise to where I need them. This was never a problem on my old Prelude, so I can only assume that it's a drive by wire thing. Is there any method of increasing the throttle sensitivity in neutral specifically, to allow for easier rev matching?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I currently own a KTuner V2 and have flashed the 21 psi basemap with the throttle sensitivity quick adjustment turned all of the way up. Unfortunately, I've noticed that when attempting to revmatch during double downshifts (gear skip or two consecutive, either way), I can often blip the throttle all the way to the floor and still be unable to get the RPM's to rise to where I need them. This was never a problem on my old Prelude, so I can only assume that it's a drive by wire thing. Is there any method of increasing the throttle sensitivity in neutral specifically, to allow for easier rev matching?
There's no hold back on rev matching, unless you're also on the brake pedal.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
There's no hold back on rev matching, unless you're also on the brake pedal.
Thanks for the feedback. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to quickly blip the throttle all the way to red line (hypothetically)? With my old, non-drive-by-wire throttle, I feel that rev matching when skipping down two gears is easy. By contrast, in the SI, I can quickly jam the gas pedal to the floor in neutral and still not get high enough revs to match.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to quickly blip the throttle all the way to red line (hypothetically)? With my old, non-drive-by-wire throttle, I feel that rev matching when skipping down two gears is easy. By contrast, in the SI, I can quickly jam the gas pedal to the floor in neutral and still not get high enough revs to match.
No, I rev match day in and day out. Neutral obviously isn't the same thing.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Heavy flywheel compared to your old prelude? I know my ext doesn't rev very fast but it never causes me problems to do nice rev matched down shift. I rarely skip gears though because I either have only one gear lower available because of revs or I'm just not driving aggressively
Sponsored