First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, have had for a few months and have been lurking on this forum for at least 6. Set out to get wop sedan but only had wop in the coupe. Never thought I’d get the coupe as it screams “boy racer.”

This is my 3rd si...had a ‘09 and ‘12 both of which were sedans. I wanted something sporty. Test drove the sedan and it felt like every other car I’ve driven for years with kids. Slipped in that coupe and while I like the sedan look on the exterior, completely different feeling and driving experience in the 2 door. It’s actually feels like a sports car to me...

Thought I’d miss that high reving engine (1st car was a ‘91 integra gs) but I don’t. Love the low end power...had it in the mountains last weekend and holy ****, definitely handles better than the ones before it.

Anyway, I love this damn car, big wing and all...reminds me of my teenage years in the 90’s and I smile every time I see it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another New Coupe 8AE95D3B-FD94-41F3-962B-F3478BAE033F
Sponsored

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
Actually, have had for a few months and have been lurking on this forum for at least 6. Set out to get wop sedan but only had wop in the coupe. Never thought I’d get the coupe as it screams “boy racer.”

This is my 3rd si...had a ‘09 and ‘12 both of which were sedans. I wanted something sporty. Test drove the sedan and it felt like every other car I’ve driven for years with kids. Slipped in that coupe and while I like the sedan look on the exterior, completely different feeling and driving experience in the 2 door. It’s actually feels like a sports car to me...

Thought I’d miss that high reving engine (1st car was a ‘91 integra gs) but I don’t. Love the low end power...had it in the mountains last weekend and holy ****, definitely handles better than the ones before it.

Anyway, I love this damn car, big wing and all...reminds me of my teenage years in the 90’s and I smile every time I see it.

8AE95D3B-FD94-41F3-962B-F3478BAE033F.jpeg
Welcome! Love my aegean blue coupe. I just like the coupe better and the rear bumper imo looks better. Hope you enjoy it!

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on your coupe! I had an RSX-S and 8th Gen Si Coupe before, and had similar concerns as you in missing the high revs. Only took one pull in the test drive for me to drop those concerns lol.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It’s weird to me that you felt such a big difference in driving with the coupe and sedan. They’re the exact same except for about 20 pounds which is nothing

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s weird to me that you felt such a big difference in driving with the coupe and sedan. They’re the exact same except for about 20 pounds which is nothing
I believe the coupe is a bit lower also? But same, makes me want to test drive a coupe and see if I can feel the difference.

OP
OP
MattyNice

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry. I didn’t really mean the actual handling of the car. I mean’t how it feels to sit in and drive being in a coupe vs a sedan. Just feels mentally much sportier to me...

NWA CivicSi

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Sorry. I didn’t really mean the actual handling of the car. I mean’t how it feels to sit in and drive being in a coupe vs a sedan. Just feels mentally much sportier to me...
Best choice! I didn't like the rear bumper of the sedan Si. I was set on getting a WRX until I test drove the Si.

Here's my Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another New Coupe 20180602_185503

Last edited:
OP
OP
MattyNice

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best choice! I didn't like the rear bumper of the sedan Si. I was set on getting a WRX until I test drove the car Si.

Here's my Si.

20180602_185503.jpg
Damn!! That’s a great picture. Love this car!!

Oh, and checked out the wrx too but that interior is terrible imo....I’m still a Honda fan boy at heart.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I like the way the Coupe looks alot more than the sedan, that’s why I got a black Coupe. I test drove a couple cars, 370Z, Subaru WRX, WRX STI, BRZ, and then I test drove the Civic Si, and that was it. If I had a family and needed the 4 doors etc. the sedan is what I would have got, but I don’t have those needs. The rear on the Coupe is much better looking imo and I like the wing on the Coupe as well.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well done! I was really on the fence between white and blue, but blue eventually won out.

White looks really sharp though.

Congrats!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I felt the same way. I drove the coupe first, then the sedan, then the coupe again. Yes, there's only 17 lbs. between the two and I believe only a few inches in the wheelbase. The sedan just didn't have the same.... driving dynamics?.... as the coupe. The coupe is what I went home with.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag

8AE95D3B-FD94-41F3-962B-F3478BAE033F.jpeg
Congrats!! The ONLY reason why I didn't go with a white one (mine is the Aegean Blue coupe) is because my last car I drove for 10+ years was white. I said I'd never have another dark-colored car here in NC where the summers are brutal, but the blue just took my breath away. The dark gray was my 2nd choice.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I felt the same way. I drove the coupe first, then the sedan, then the coupe again. Yes, there's only 17 lbs. between the two and I believe only a few inches in the wheelbase. The sedan just didn't have the same.... driving dynamics?.... as the coupe. The coupe is what I went home with.
Interesting. I was under the impression they drove basically the same. I never test drove the coupe because I needed the sedan since I was coming from a mustang gt. I still miss the power but I appreciate how light this car is.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
The wheelbase is the same, and the driving position is nearly in the same place (if not identical). Just the rear end is 5" shorter. Theoretically this could kinda sorta change the balance feel of the car (only a 1% shift in front/rear weight distribution) but I find it hard to believe it would be perceptible to a normal person. That said, I am kind of back and forth on having gone with the sedan and whether I should have tested a coupe, as the white coupe looks killer.
Differences:
Poll: Which one will you buy, the Coupe or Sedan Civic Si ?
Sponsored