cstephens79

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
This is from my Play store app.

Honda Civic 10th gen Android Auto causing phone to restart Screenshot_20180111-171147
Sponsored

Dimon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L (16), Civic Ex (06), Sienna SE (12), Lexus GS350 (15)
Country flag
I also got AA updated today and it's still broken...

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I work at a Honda dealership setting up customers phones all day and trust me when I say it, iOS has wayyyyyyy more issues with CarPlay than Android Auto does... Go check on some of those threads about their issues...

I too have a Pixel 2 XL and I experience random disconnects on my CTR and my gf's Civic EX... been happening for a while now but doesn't happen as often as it did before... I suspect Google Play Services is the culprit since I'm running beta version of that and I get it crashing randomly from time to time!
That's very interesting... Apple is known for making products "that just work" so I'm surprised to hear of more issues with ACP than with AA.

My AA also shows a "Last updated" date of 11/21/17. Google famously provides a 'staged rollout' approach so there's no telling when we'll see the update.

Dimon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L (16), Civic Ex (06), Sienna SE (12), Lexus GS350 (15)
Country flag
Good news fellas, after almost 5 month of having AA not working with my trusty Nexus 6 the "final solution" presented itself. As it turns out , my N6 was stuck at Android 7.0.0 presumably from the Nougat beta program from early 2017. Google eventually released a 7.1.1 update with latest one dated around October, but my N6 like many other refused to detect that. At the same time AA apparently broke the backward compatibility with 7.0.0 around December and the problems began.

Long story short, at https://developers.google.com/android/ota select shamu (N6) and latest (Oct N6F27M, 7.1.1) update and flash it using adb. After that your N6 and AA will be working again .
Sponsored