Affordable Clear Bra/Paint Protection on eBay for $73.99

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Got mine today, even though it said Pre-cut I couldn't peel the pieces off unless I trim around the pieces itself and slowly punch the pieces out. Also tried many times for the pieces to stay on, but it kept moving. I installed clear bra before and never has such problems, in the end I just gave up.
Sponsored

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cbr600rr, 2016 civic LX, 2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got mine today, even though it said Pre-cut I couldn't peel the pieces off unless I trim around the pieces itself and slowly punch the pieces out. Also tried many times for the pieces to stay on, but it kept moving. I installed clear bra before and never has such problems, in the end I just gave up.
It comes in 1 piece and you have to take them off or cut. I didnt have a hard time taking them off the sheet but the first piece I did was measured 0.5 inch bigger. I emailed the seller and he said so that they can tuck in nicely. But you don't need 0.5 maybe .2. So I had to cut it with exacto knife. But that piece did stay.

Maybe yours kept sliding because you had too much soap and water. I also struggled on the mirror but when I used a hair dryer it help with the process

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had a chance to work on the film for my Civic yet, but if it's a little larger than the surface, I would actually prefer it that way. To me, it would be easier to install.

I installed the pieces for my Tacoma and some of the film were smaller and had to be stretched out. The thing that I didn't like about it is when you stretch it out, there's a big learning curve with figuring out how much to properly stretch to cover the surface. Tales at with the film being larger, tucking/folding it over the edges would be easier (to me at least).

I'm hoping to get mine installed tomorrow or Monday before my business trip where I plan to take my car on a 3 hour highway road trip.

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had a chance to work on the film for my Civic yet, but if it's a little larger than the surface, I would actually prefer it that way. To me, it would be easier to install.

I installed the pieces for my Tacoma and some of the film were smaller and had to be stretched out. The thing that I didn't like about it is when you stretch it out, there's a big learning curve with figuring out how much to properly stretch to cover the surface. Tales at with the film being larger, tucking/folding it over the edges would be easier (to me at least).

I'm hoping to get mine installed tomorrow or Monday before my business trip where I plan to take my car on a 3 hour highway road trip.
I installed the hood and dam it was a PIA. I can give myself 6.5/10 on installing clear bras as i understand I am not a professional. I think this product will be ok with a professional install. Otherwise so far in 4 hours only the small bra that is flat was the easy one to install the mirror and hood with curves gave me a hard time. and I fucked up with a heat gun. I will probably just leave it since its a lease. If your planning on buying this and installing yourself better make sure you know what you are doing or else you will be frustrated. I am most likely not going to try the bumper. I will however try the panel and headlights maybe tom. Pictures are shit take my word for it. Get a professional to do it and pay an extra 150

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I installed the hood and dam it was a PIA. I can give myself 6.5/10 on installing clear bras as i understand I am not a professional. I think this product will be ok with a professional install. Otherwise so far in 4 hours only the small bra that is flat was the easy one to install the mirror and hood with curves gave me a hard time. and I fucked up with a heat gun. I will probably just leave it since its a lease. If your planning on buying this and installing yourself better make sure you know what you are doing or else you will be frustrated. I am most likely not going to try the bumper. I will however try the panel and headlights maybe tom. Pictures are shit take my word for it. Get a professional to do it and pay an extra 150
I had the same experience, I thought the hood would be easy. I got the 3M brand before for my CRZ the hood and side fender was really easy to put on can't say the same about the bumper.

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
finally got the fenders mirrors on too. those were easy. Trying to decide if its worth doing the bumper.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank god I read the replies. I almost placed my order. Been looking for front paint protection for a while. I have almost 5,000 km on my Civic now and only have one very tiny indent in the paint from a flying rock, and one by my rear window on the passenger side on the pillar. Don't know how that happened, but oh well. I'm keeping my car for a long time even after my 6 year financing is done, so maybe I'll just look for a pro to do it.

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank god I read the replies. I almost placed my order. Been looking for front paint protection for a while. I have almost 5,000 km on my Civic now and only have one very tiny indent in the paint from a flying rock, and one by my rear window on the passenger side on the pillar. Don't know how that happened, but oh well. I'm keeping my car for a long time even after my 6 year financing is done, so maybe I'll just look for a pro to do it.
if you have any experience I think its worth for the price. It is honestly my own error and its hard to blame the product. The small ones I put on like fenders and headlights are actually 9/10. its just the hood that I need to redo. Idk if I should do the bumper since honestly it wont rust if it does chip. Im only protecting the ones that can rust.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. If you have some sort of inkling of confidence and experience in even installing something like this, I would give it a try.

Honestly, I've never had any sort of experience putting this together. When I ordered it, I started with a small strip/part and practice on that. The instructions are detailed and give you some good feedback/tips on how to install and tackle it.

For the bumper, you might want to have someone help you since it's so big.

if you have any experience I think its worth for the price. It is honestly my own error and its hard to blame the product. The small ones I put on like fenders and headlights are actually 9/10. its just the hood that I need to redo. Idk if I should do the bumper since honestly it wont rust if it does chip. Im only protecting the ones that can rust.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree. If you have some sort of inkling of confidence and experience in even installing something like this, I would give it a try.

Honestly, I've never had any sort of experience putting this together. When I ordered it, I started with a small strip/part and practice on that. The instructions are detailed and give you some good feedback/tips on how to install and tackle it.

For the bumper, you might want to have someone help you since it's so big.
I couldn't even fathom doing the bumper on my own. It's almost like an impossible task without screwing up somewhere.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
For those that installed it and may have messed up, I contacted the seller about wanting to redo some pieces from my kit, and he offered to give me discounted rate for pieces I mess up on. The seller's been very accommodating with our circumstances, so if you ever fall into that route, you can always ask for a discount :)

Hmoobgreen

First Name
Samson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback sport
Can anyone show a picture of how they did, good or bad i would still like to see

Thanks

bamboosted

Boosted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Lunar Silver Civic, 98 CW ITR, 94 Laguna Seca blue Integra 4 door, 93 Frost White Honda Civic
Country flag
Any completed photos? I order the 3m stuff but looking to get a full sheet for the hood. Past experience from my - 16' lunar silver sedan the hood and bumper was pitted to shit from the harsh New England roads. Looking to prevent that on my the 17' crystal black sedan.
Sponsored