Johnl2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si, 2014 accord exl hfp
Country flag
To anybody who has upgraded their lpfp, am I the only one who takes issue with the fitment? They say to use the white spacer but the pump is longer and if you’re lucky you can clip 2 clips on the basket housing! Now look at the intake. It is the longest protrusion on the bottom of the pump pressing hard against the bottom of the bucket. How on earth is fuel expected to flow well? Now the one I just got is a little bit shorter than the Hondata, it’s the DW300. (I wanted Hondata but it’s backordered) The outlet nipple of the pump is the same size as Hondata yet the instructions say to NOT use the spacer. Something is definitely off here. Does anybody have any input before I install the whole thing into my car? Any insight is helpful. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnl2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si, 2014 accord exl hfp
Country flag
P.S. even the instructions for Hondata say that you really have to get on the third clip to get it to engage! I know fuel is thin but really? The way I see it is fuel will have to squeeze by and will absolutely slow down flow rate and result in the pump working much harder and a shorter lifespan. Am I wrong?

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an Si and noted all of that in my purchase for a DW and I was sent a pump that was too long.
Had to put the OEM back in after many frustrating hours.
Learned DW sucks ass so I replaced it with the AEM anyways. So……. I got a DW for sale! Won’t fit any of our civics and I’ll lose my ass on it so yeah….. super annoyed.
Sponsored