A finder's fee offer

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share this on the boards. I posted it on the Facebook Fk8 group, so more couldn't hurt. I'm not expecting much, but appreciate any assistance. I apologize if this doesn't belong here.

Hi All. So, my efforts to get one didn’t pan out. Frustrating experience with NJ dealers to say the least. However, I’m going to continue my efforts over the coming months. I’ve always been a team-oriented person and I’m confident this community can do a better job than just me alone. So I’d like to offer a $1,000 finder’s fee that I will pay via PayPal (or some other method) to anyone who can find me a CW Type-R for MSRP within 200 miles of ZIP 07068 (North Jersey). The only stipulation being, I actually have to close the deal on it (which I’ve been ready to do anyway). If it has a couple of accessories that aren’t ridiculously marked up to “hide” the ADM, then fine.

This is good until 9/30/17, which should give some time for a few “waves” of deliveries. I can only give you my word, so if you don’t get your money you can feel free to defame me to hell and shun me from this community. I realize what I’m asking is a very tall order (considering the color choice), but if I’m going to be forced to pay ADM (which I refuse to do), I’d rather give a reasonable amount to a member of this community. Do I seem desperate? Yeah, pretty much lol, but I’ve finally found a car that I’d keep forever and get me out of this leasing habit I’ve developed. Thanks everyone! Any questions, just ask.
Sponsored

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Being that is the most sought after color, (it seems) that is a tall order. You might want to wait. IMO

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Agree We all looking for the CW ( or lets say many )I passed on first wave waiting for cw my guess 2018 is good year if you have no waiting issue you will def get one at good price

OP
OP

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you. Yeah, I realize that. If it doesn't happen by 9/30, I'm OK with that and will most likely offer again in the spring of 2018, depending on how things are going at that point.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Thank you. Yeah, I realize that. If it doesn't happen by 9/30, I'm OK with that and will most likely offer again in the spring of 2018, depending on how things are going at that point.
remember there are 2700 for now then the rest of 6000 cars i would say around December( my guess) march you easily can get one and by then you will have cf parts for sale so you can bundle all :)

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I'm looking for black at MSRP. East coast preferred, but may ship if no retarded amount of accessories here ;)))

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Well it's a noble offer but most dealers (Not All) have seen big numbers selling the R and the white seems to be the big money maker. I said this several days ago and it's always been the case that good old American greed has taken hold across the country. And I don't think the second wave will be any different. It's up to the individual but more and more coughing up 5k ADM or even more will be the norm buying this car. Some folks think the fuzzies will wear off and dealerships will just have to come down to sell the cars on the lot. When I picked up my red R the dealership acted like I was stealing it from them. I paid two grand over MSRP but the SM let me know no other type Rs would be sold that cheap. He basically said the next car they get will not be sold for three months or more for advertising. And then it would be auctioned off on eBay.

OP
OP

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I totally get it. I'm not expecting anything at all. Just figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there. I'm with you in the sense that I'm not optimistic that prices will come down. Considering how many people are calling each dealership and the number of cars each one is getting (even if it's 4 or 5 for large volume dealers), I think it's going to be just as difficult to get one 9 months from now.

termigni

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
just wait it out. this heat will die down. especially reports of engine lights, faulty rev-matching feature, and heat issue at the track this hype will come down.

Saw it back in 1999 with S2000. Seeing the same thing in 2017.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Keep in mind the badge numbers people are receiving is most likely the global CTR's made world wide, not exclusive to NA. I wouldn't hit the panic button yet.

termigni

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
also note that Honda never officially made a statement on how many units they will make. all the claimed numbers are from stealerships. DCH Honda Tenafly said they are limited to 3,000 units which is pure BS.

If you noticed, the number plate has 5 digits. they could make 99,999 units as far as I can tell.

Anothing I noticed is that there are a lot of press cars. if these cars are limited, they wouldn't have that many press cars available.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
lol. Any regular car finder fee is more than $500 . White CTR msrp . You gotta pay more than that .