A/C fluttering noise.

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While i still remember id like to acknowledge an issue that's affecting many 2016 civics, in the hopes that all you new car owners can report it to your dealership and we can get a legit fix from Honda.

When i first bought my car i realized that the A/C has a fluttering noise coming from the driver side center vent. I dropped the car off at my dealer overnight so that they could try and fix the problem. They took apart the bezel to gain access to the vents, in the hopes that they might find a loose piece of tape or Styrofoam that was out of place; however, this wasn't the case. They then replaced the plastic bezel in the hopes that this would make the noise go away, but this also did not work. When i arrived at my dealership to pick up my car, we walked the lot to listen to different '16 Civics to see if this was a common issue, and it turned out about half of the cars on the lot made this same noise. With no more plans of attack, they told me that this is unfixable until Honda gets to the bottom of it, which will only happen if enough people report this as an issue.

People, if you are experiencing this noise, i urge you to tell your dealership so that we can get closer to finding a solution. If you have the patience and time to have them physically service your car, please do it. I'd appreciate you reporting back your results.

Id appreciate if you guys could chime in what model you own and whether or not you are experiencing this problem.
Sponsored

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
While i still remember id like to acknowledge an issue that's affecting many 2016 civics, in the hopes that all you new car owners can report it to your dealership and we can get a legit fix from Honda.

When i first bought my car i realized that the A/C has a fluttering noise coming from the driver side center vent. I dropped the car off at my dealer overnight so that they could try and fix the problem. They took apart the bezel to gain access to the vents, in the hopes that they might find a loose piece of tape or Styrofoam that was out of place; however, this wasn't the case. They then replaced the plastic bezel in the hopes that this would make the noise go away, but this also did not work. When i arrived at my dealership to pick up my car, we walked the lot to listen to different '16 Civics to see if this was a common issue, and it turned out about half of the cars on the lot made this same noise. With no more plans of attack, they told me that this is unfixable until Honda gets to the bottom of it, which will only happen if enough people report this as an issue.

People, if you are experiencing this noise, i urge you to tell your dealership so that we can get closer to finding a solution. If you have the patience and time to have them physically service your car, please do it. I'd appreciate you reporting back your results.

Id appreciate if you guys could chime in what model you own and whether or not you are experiencing this problem.
Do you have a recording of the sound that you can post?

OP
OP
NickfromSD

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a recording of the sound that you can post?
I tried to record the noise but its just faint enough that you cant hear it over the noise of the A/C pushing out air. The best that i can explain it is that it sounds like theres a loose piece of tape or paper flapping/fluttering somewhere inside the vent.

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I also have the same exact fluttering noise. I will try to get a recording of it but like Nick said, it might not come out on the recording. It is more audible when the A/C is on the higher settings - the louder the A/C, the more audible the noise is. It does sound exactly like a piece of paper fluttering in the A/C vent. It seems to come from the driver side air vent on the middle set of vents.

I'm going to report the issue when I take the car in for the first service.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

I have the Touring and mine makes a whistling sound in the "Feet Mode". The service manager and I looked at 3 cars and the same thing. I am in the process of getting my money back (Honda is fighting me like a marlin is fighting for his life) and this is one of my 16 issues with my car. I know I'll have my money back before they figure where the noise is coming from so just to let you know that you are not alone brother.

OP
OP
NickfromSD

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Touring and mine makes a whistling sound in the "Feet Mode". The service manager and I looked at 3 cars and the same thing. I am in the process of getting my money back (Honda is fighting me like a marlin is fighting for his life) and this is one of my 16 issues with my car. I know I'll have my money back before they figure where the noise is coming from so just to let you know that you are not alone brother.
16 issues? Holy Cow! Im scared to even ask. I will admit, i have seen touring owners complaining a lot more than than other trim model owners. I dont think Honda put their all into the Tourings.

As for the A/C noise, wouldn't you agree that it can drive a man mad? :banghead: Seriously, it ruins my new car experience knowing that my car has this annoying noise that can't be fixed. I can only imagine how you feel.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
16 issues? Holy Cow! Im scared to even ask. I will admit, i have seen a touring owners complaining a lot more than than other trim model owners. I dont think Honda put their all into the Tourings.
Yep...16. I am embarrassed to even say it. They came late to the party (usual Sept launch) and now I know why and now...so do you.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
i have seen touring owners complaining a lot more than than other trim model owners. I dont think Honda put their all into the Tourings.
Touring has more features than all the others to have issues, and is hugely disproportionately represented in frequent posters here compared to sales.
Sponsored