5K Miles and 3 Months later - My Type R Thoughts

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Type R Fam,

I wanted to share my thought on my ownership experience of the Type R so far. Needless to say I love the car, despite its few flaws.

Sponsored

evolutionX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X CTR 15925
Country flag
how about the transmission problem you had mention in one of the youtube video ? Did honda swap a new trans or fix ? Do you have any detail about what they did ?

Jrchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R 2001 Honda S2000
Country flag
i love it.i have no issues what so ever.no grinding no lockouts or whatever..only problem i have is when i have been driving my s2k for a week and then go to the Type r lol..clutch is wayyyyyyyyy different

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
This flying gato deleted his muffler as the first thing to modify. how smart can he be. think over it, who would take a 40-45k car (w/ ADM) and then perform meatball surgery on a perfectly working exhaust. kick him out of PA and back to the Dominican for being a dummy to society.

And he says he doesn't care about brake squeeaall and squaaak, bullcrap..if he cares about wheelspin on a FWD car when flooring it and the 1-2 grind, he cares about brake squeal on a 40k car and a Honda no less.

Last edited:

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
i love it.i have no issues what so ever.no grinding no lockouts or whatever..only problem i have is when i have been driving my s2k for a week and then go to the Type r lol..clutch is wayyyyyyyyy different
Remove the CDV valve of the CTR and the clutch will be more similar, direct and fast.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Remove the CDV valve of the CTR and the clutch will be more similar, direct and fast.
I don’t get it.. never driven a car with CDV before this. Does it allow you to just drop the clutch between shifts instead of trying to dampen the release yourself? I’ve been working on perfecting my shift to be seamless but I always feel like I’m releasing too slow for this clutch.. the smoothest I’ve noticed was when I was testing out to see if I’d get the 1-2 grind. I pretty much dropped the clutch on that shift and it was like butter
Sponsored