Christopher6983

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
hey guys new here! 2021 civic sport touring. I need help. My Apple car play goes out often on my car. Screen goes black, and I have to unplug the phone and hold the power button to reset. I took to dealer, and then said it’s an issue with Apple, I spoke to Apple and they say it’s an issue with Honda. No one wants to help and I don’t know what to do. Honda has done a hard reset on it but I still have the same problem. I’m using an Apple IPhone 12 Pro with the latest software update. I was thinking about buying a wireless car play adapter but not sure what I should get or even if it will help. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is currently an investigation on the matter. No service builtins yet.

heavyboots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Country flag
Arrrgh. Same thing happening here too. One day old and the entire infotainment system is crashing like crazy.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same issue, I found that it was the USB extender that was a big culprit, but still carplay would go on the fritz. I hondahacked and i'm running the carlinkit wireless carplay adapter with viper4android and am in love with the sound upgrade over my EX hatch!

OP
OP

Christopher6983

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
What did you use the Honda hack for? I saw some people use, but not sure what I will get out of it if im
Using car pay full time? Also, are you using Apple? Is viperforandroid an android only feature?

I had the same issue, I found that it was the USB extender that was a big culprit, but still carplay would go on the fritz. I hondahacked and i'm running the carlinkit wireless carplay adapter with viper4android and am in love with the sound upgrade over my EX hatch!

ironhead3fan

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I am having the same issue on my 2020 Civic Touring. It's a crap shoot as to whether or not it will work from one minute to the next. They have already replaced my radio once, after a LOT of complaining on my end, about 2 months ago. 2 days ago, it seems to have reared it's ugly head again, unable to connect to USB, and my screen will sometimes go black as well. Factory reset is a very temporary fix, the problem is usually back in a day. If anyone on here figures this out, please update, cause it's driving me crazy! BTW, I am using a genuine Apple lightening cable and NO Honda extender.
Sponsored