2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport slight engine knocking

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
Hello all, I hope everyone is staying safe and sane during quarantine. I’ve noticed this for the last couple weeks that my engine has a slight “knock” at low rpms. The knocking does not go away after warm up. I currently have 7700 miles on it, and I only use 93 grade fuel, I never use anything below that grade, and 9/10 times I use top tier fuel at a Mobil or Exxon station. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn’t sound at all like a rod knocking because it’s relatively quiet and only noticeable with the window down or while standing outside. The engine is performing well in any aspect, I typically average 34 miles per gallon mixed driving. First oil change was at 6750 miles with still 50 percent life remaining on the oil. Thanks for your help
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
These engines have a natural knocking/ticking sound. If your using premium fuel from a reputable gas station then you shouldn’t have any issues (especially if it’s not a Si, Type R, or tuned as those are the only ones that require premium, everything else it’s only recommended). Now if the knocking noise increases with the RPMs then it’s an issue otherwise it’s normal. These engines are relatively loud and have a ticking noise, which is normal