RayC4440

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Good afternoon guys and gals.. my 1st time posting.. I have the 2018 si and have some worries and looking for feedback.. i broke the car in nice and easy, a few trips, city driving, highway driving... at around 4000miles with a fresh oil change I installed hondata (base +9 tune) psi is at around 22ish.. sometimes I get a spike to 23 really quick.. car seems to hold up well (clutch wise).. I do have an Injen true CAI and just got an RV6 Catted DP (not installed yet).. car now has 13k miles on it.. no issues with clutch.. not 1 thing that makes me think anything is even close to going wrong.. after the DP is in I'm wondering if that will push the TQ over the limit (DP should add 10-15TQ).. just wondering with tune, CAI and DP if the clutch is now something I should worry about.. anyone have same mods and still driving smooth? I read alot of comments about things going wrong.. info and feedback well appreciated
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Might want to get rid of that Injen. Quality control issues and MAF skew are well known issues for it.

As long as you avoid boost in overdriven gears and low RPM you should be fine. I have 24k on my Si with no issues. Clutch is ok so far. Afaik the DP should let you spool up the turbo a bit quicker and allow the exhaust to flow more efficiently and yield some additional torque in the low/midrange.

OP
OP
RayC4440

RayC4440

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Had the ingen on for about 10k.. seems like its holding up.. have not experienced a difference in drive quality or anything else noticable.. I will keep an eye on things and 100% rethink about PRL soon. Thank you for that feedback... I'm gonna try and get DP on this weekend.. and maybe to a dyno next weekend with hondata numbers (seeing how most ppl use ktune) this way some of our hondata people can see numbers.. I'll drive the car smoothly as I always do.. oh, and for the notation you made about keeping boost low in low rpm range... I have just the base +9 tune... I'm not running launch controls, instant boost, no lift shift,... I dont use any of it.. just the +9 boost. I dont street race or clutch dump.. so we shall see how things hold up.. thanks again

liljay2008

First Name
Jide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Had the +9 psi tune, was fine for a couple days but then the clutch started slippingo_O
mostly at high RPMs. Every thing was stock except the Injen SRI. Not sure if I got any advice since mine didn’t work lol
Sponsored