2018 Browser and Gallery apps working

Drunken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
I was able to get access to the browser and the gallery app in my 2018 civic by pressing menu+power+brightness. Select the second option which is Detailed Information and Settings then press the menu button and then scroll down and select Special function setting and finally select Remove Android Restriction. Here it is being done on a 2018 CRV:

Here is a reminder the power button is the Audio power button and the brightness button is the small press in button on the top left corner of the head unit. Press all three buttons for around 5 seconds and it should work.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Drunken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
Just drag and drop the apps to another page and they'll remain there even after you restart your vehicle, otherwise you'll have to do it again.

OP
OP

Drunken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
You should be able to root your head unit through the wireless root method provided by codeage on xda, as it only requires access to a browser for root. After that you should be able to install Honda Hack and other apps to your head unit. No need to enable developer options or change the usb settings.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
You should be able to root your head unit through the wireless root method provided by codeage on xda, as it only requires access to a browser for root. After that you should be able to install Honda Hack and other apps to your head unit. No need to enable developer options or change the usb settings.
Would you be able to provide link for instructions?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just drag and drop the apps to another page and they'll remain there even after you restart your vehicle, otherwise you'll have to do it again.
Read this after I had alreadyrestarted and was like wtf lol

Machine20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
In my 2018 civic I go to Detailed Information and Settings but the menu button doesnt do anything. Anyone have any tips to get the menu up so I can go to Special Function Setting?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
In my 2018 civic I go to Detailed Information and Settings but the menu button doesnt do anything. Anyone have any tips to get the menu up so I can go to Special Function Setting?
Push and hold menu for what seems like a long time
Sponsored