2017 sport w/5.5 usb issue

darkbud22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport - 2012 Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Just a few days ago I bought my new 2017 civic sport, just has the 5.5 stereo. I have a nice aftermarket deck i will be putting in shortly just waiting to order all the parts I need to properly install the aftermarket system. So while waiting, I put 20gb of music on a 32gb thumb drive all as mp3 format, within folders of artist/album. With any song I have played it randomly pauses, doesn't show any track information while its paused, then after about 2 seconds goes back to playing where it left off once again displaying all the information on the screen.

Has any one else had this issue? Tonight after work I will be putting much less music on a drive as well as trying different thumb drives to see if it does any different.

edit/update: Used a new thumb drive problem solved... i don't know what exactly about the previous thumb drive caused the issue.. but the new one works great!! it will even resume where it was left off if the drive is removed then plugged back in. I am assuming this is only true if the currently played folder remains intact and unaltered.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bamfmac22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Whats the make and model of the new thumb drive. Was it different from the original you used that was giving you issues?

OP
OP
darkbud22

darkbud22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport - 2012 Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the make and model of the new thumb drive. Was it different from the original you used that was giving you issues?
Between the 2 drives used there is quite a few differences. Not just in size and brand, but also the files located on them.
The first drive was also older, 32gb usb 2.0, had a collection of pc files as well as music. so many factors could have lead to the issue.

The second drive however, was brand new PNY (i believe?) 32gb usb 3.0 and only has music on it about 20g worth i think? There is occasional studder/pause for about 1 second but unlike before track info and display stay intact its also not very often. I havent tried less music or different formats to isolate the exact issue of the studder/pause.
Sponsored