2017 Honda Civic Si Prototype Debut - Q&A, Photos, Video

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
So...any rumors yet about the final specs? Or any idea how soon we'll hear an official announcement?

I've waited this damn long, I might as well keep an open mind about the 1.5T til I see the final performance numbers.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So...any rumors yet about the final specs? Or any idea how soon we'll hear an official announcement?

I've waited this damn long, I might as well keep an open mind about the 1.5T til I see the final performance numbers.
I think the 1.5 has potential. but just not much potential to tinker with. my guess is a solid 230

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I think the 1.5 has potential. but just not much potential to tinker with. my guess is a solid 230
I'd be surprised if Honda pushes HP that high.

Even still, as others have mentioned, the new Civic is relatively lightweight. It will be interesting to see what it will do 0-60 compared to the competition.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I'd be surprised if Honda pushes HP that high.

Even still, as others have mentioned, the new Civic is relatively lightweight. It will be interesting to see what it will do 0-60 compared to the competition.
The last si was 3060 lbs ish. so yeah this one will be 200 plus pounds lighter.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
The last si was 3060 lbs ish. so yeah this one will be 200 plus pounds lighter.
The 2016 LX Coupe weighs 2739 lbs. The new Si would weigh 2802 lbs if it is 200 lbs lighter than previous. This would be 63 lbs, and will never be that low.

For comparison, the 2015 Civic coupe is 2805 lbs, and the Si coupe is 3002 lbs from what I find here:

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2015/Civic-Coupe

So, it would stand to reason that the new Si will gain some weight over the non-Si like previously, so I will be surprised in the new Si is 2802 pounds, but we'll see.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Wait, what infotainment upgrade? Doesn't the Si come with the upgraded infotainment system with the touchscreen?
Not sure, but I'm guessing the Si doesn't come automatically with Navi...?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Most likely not. That's why there will be trims for the si. It's not the first time they have done this. It's actually a good thing. Its good to have different Si trims to choose from. Not everyone wants the same option.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I'm 100% for different trims (top one(s) having Navi, etc.); the reply was to what sounded (to me) like the general statement: "Si without Navi" (or trims)
Maybe I misinterpreted 09CivicSiBrian's meaning...
Android Auto is a huge factor, for me.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm 100% for different trims (top one(s) having Navi, etc.); the reply was to what sounded (to me) like the general statement: "Si without Navi" (or trims)
Maybe I misinterpreted 09CivicSiBrian's meaning...
Android Auto is a huge factor, for me.
The most recent model years of the Si had two options - Summer Tires and/or Navigation. You had add-on accessories like lip kits, wheels, HFP stuff, but that was it. Pretty much everything was dealer-installed options rather than needing to be a special car from build.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
They've historically offered two versions based on the Civic's top trim (EX trim on previous generations). One with Navi and one without. And no leather/heated seats. The pre-production looks to have the infotainment from the EX (Carplay/AA) but not the Touring's navigation or the premium audio upgrade.

Possible they could offer a 2nd Si trim that aligns more closely with the Touring (LEDs, navigation, etc).

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I can almost guarantee that on the new civic si, 91 octane - priemium will be required. So anyone that likes cheap gas, Si is not for you. Also for people asking about automatic transmissions, it's always been manual, and probably will remain that way. Although now that we have the type r coming, I can definitely see a automatic Si in the future. So The type r will probably be the only manual Honda will offer to enthusiasts whenever that may happen, if it does. I'm a manual lover. Hated automatics, and always will, even if it's "better". I like to have fun while driving and have full control of all the gears. Automatics however are becoming the Norm. And will eventually take over. That's why I predict that maybe the next generation we will have all cvts except the type r. Which will remain manual.
Sponsored