2016 Touring vs 2017 Touring

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
My brother is planning to buy a touring but he cannot decide whether he should wait for the 2017 touring to come out or not. His main concern is if there will be any new feature with the 17 touring or if it will be exactly just like a 16 touring with no changes at all. Can anyone confirm if there are any new changes with the 2017 touring?
Sponsored

stormynights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic DX Sedan, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if there are any new changes with the 2017 touring?
In Canada, the lunar silver metallic has been added to the list of available colors. I don't think think that there is anything new, physically, with the car although I read here that there may be updated head units. I just picked up my 2017 Touring trim today. I'd have to say, it's a pretty impressive car!

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In Canada, the lunar silver metallic has been added to the list of available colors. I don't think think that there is anything new, physically, with the car although I read here that there may be updated head units. I just picked up my 2017 Touring trim today. I'd have to say, it's a pretty impressive car!
Thanks for the info. Can you tell if there are any added features that the 16 touring might not have? Maybe the 16 would be the better choice since it might be a little cheaper now.

stormynights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic DX Sedan, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Can you tell if there are any added features that the 16 touring might not have? Maybe the 16 would be the better choice since it might be a little cheaper now.
None that I can tell, at least in the Canadian models (except for the aforementioned color). Things might be different on the US models though? Truth be told, I was set on buying a Rav4 for the last couple of years up until mid-October after which I started looking at Civics again. One of the big reasons I got the 2017 is because I wanted a car that was LSM.

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
None that I can tell, at least in the Canadian models (except for the aforementioned color). Things might be different on the US models though? Truth be told, I was set on buying a Rav4 for the last couple of years up until mid-October after which I started looking at Civics again. One of the big reasons I got the 2017 is because I wanted a car that was LSM.
There shouldn't be any difference with the touring as that is the highest trim level. Lower trims may vary however with Canada and US versions. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
The only difference I'm aware of for the Touring (there were a number of changes for lower trims for MY2017) is that it no longer has the expanded view driver's sideview mirror. That was just a little strip of mirror on the outside edge that was angled farther out than the rest, and most people found it annoying.

There were some indicators on Honda's site that the 2017's got automatic highbeams. The hatchback model definitely does have them, but a user here with a 2017 sedan has confirmed that his does NOT.

Oh, and though it wasn't listed an official change, the headunit has a different part number for it and a higher firmware version than what is currently available for 2016 models. Some people have problems with the 2016 and the newer unit in 2017 may fix those.

Still, the 2017's have been out for a while. It should be easy to find one. I'd recommend he buy a 2017 unless he can get a 2016 for AT LEAST $1000 lower (probably more like $1500+) than a 2017.

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only difference I'm aware of for the Touring (there were a number of changes for lower trims for MY2017) is that it no longer has the expanded view driver's sideview mirror. That was just a little strip of mirror on the outside edge that was angled farther out than the rest, and most people found it annoying.

There were some indicators on Honda's site that the 2017's got automatic highbeams. The hatchback model definitely does have them, but a user here with a 2017 sedan has confirmed that his does NOT.

Oh, and though it wasn't listed an official change, the headunit has a different part number for it and a higher firmware version than what is currently available for 2016 models. Some people have problems with the 2016 and the newer unit in 2017 may fix those.

Still, the 2017's have been out for a while. It should be easy to find one. I'd recommend he buy a 2017 unless he can get a 2016 for AT LEAST $1000 lower (probably more like $1500+) than a 2017.
Thanks for the great info. My brother actually got a deal with a 2016 for $25k which is about $2k less from original price I guess it would be good to take it then

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I would also look at Edmunds.com to see what dealer deals they have even for the '17 models (as well as the '16's). I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are willing to let go 17 models for 1500 if not more. If you're interested in 16 models you may even find dealers giving more than 2k discounts. idk for sure, but i think the minimal effort in finding out would be worthwhile.

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
Thanks for the great info. My brother actually got a deal with a 2016 for $25k which is about $2k less from original price I guess it would be good to take it then
We purchased a Touring Sedan Civic for $23K and $1000.00 more for dealer fee, taxes, and registration! I think we stole the car at this price because many people don't get them below $25K. We got $4365.00 off of sticker price.

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We purchased a Touring Sedan Civic for $23K and $1000.00 more for dealer fee, taxes, and registration! I think we stole the car at this price because many people don't get them below $25K. We got $4365.00 off of sticker price.
Wow that was a steal how did you guys manage that? lol

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well my brother just purchased a 16 Touring yesterday and he got it at $25k I think the original price was around $27k so I guess he got a good deal and he is very happy with the car. Thanks to everyone that gave their input on this thread.

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
Wow that was a steal how did you guys manage that? lol
I don't understand how we got that price either. I told the dealership that I could go through the Costco car buying program that some other Honda Dealership's offer and the price was around $24K and they said they would beat that price, and they did for us. I knew when they gave us this price that it was the deal of a lifetime!
Sponsored