17" wheels on a 2018 Si

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
OK, please don't everyone trash me too much, but I am wondering what it would take to put 17" wheels on the 2018 Si. ( Reason: Wife's car and she needs a less bumpy ride, [Bone Caner has eaten into her back] ).

Anyway, I appreciate that the 2018 SI went to 18" wheels because of the bigger brakes. ?

Are there any 17" wheels that will still fit, or will we need to fit smaller (2017 si) Brakes, before we can go to the smaller wheels, with a deeper sidewall ?
Note: we do not NEED the high performance brakes .. she does not drive the car anywhere near it's performance maximum... but it was the car she has always wanted, so we are trying to make it work for her.

For you guys that are into modifications, is this realistically possible ??
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My winter wheels are 17-inch Enkei, no problem to clear the OE brakes.

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
ive seen a lot of 17 inch wheels for the SI. it should work no problem

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My winter wheels are 17-inch Enkei, no problem to clear the OE brakes.
That's GREAT news. Can you tell me the exact Enkei part #.
What tires do you have fitted ?

Do you find that with the smaller wheels and extra side wall, that the ride is less bumpy ob poor roads ?

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Enkei EKM3, Part number 4427706538hs
Birdgestone Blizzak WS80 215-50-17
Thanks so much ... got to start saving now !!!

One last thing .. how much clearance is between the inner rim & the Brakes ? Did you have to move anything, all was it just a straight swap with the OEM wheels ?

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
You could also look into switching to the hfp shocks. The soft is supposed to be noticably softer (and sport firmer of course), I bet this would make more a difference than switching to 17s, but I am just guessing.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
One last thing .. how much clearance is between the inner rim & the Brakes ? Did you have to move anything, all was it just a straight swap with the OEM wheels ?
Straight swap.
You will need hub centric rings if you go aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could also look into switching to the hfp shocks. The soft is supposed to be noticably softer (and sport firmer of course), I bet this would make more a difference than switching to 17s, but I am just guessing.
I was now aware that the HFP non-sports setting was softer than the SI's non-sport setting. Can anyone else comment on this please