HFP Suspension installed

andrewlison13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Last night I went and picked my car up from the dealer after having everything from the HFP kit installed, minus the wheels. I have to say the suspension difference is huge. One thing I know I’m not the only one on, is hating how clunky this car is. It just seems to clunk and have lots of road noises. Not anymore, the with the new suspension my first thing I noticed was that it felt like I normal car driving down the road, and I didn’t find myself cringing over every bump. I noticed a lot less vibration in the steering wheel and floor of car when driving at highway speeds. As for sport mode I did turn it on and only had the chance to go through a few corners. I felt that there was considerably less body roll but I will have further updates once I get to actually put some miles on it. My verdict from the suspension is if you plan on paying full price for it, and you don’t mind how your car rides now, save yourself the $. But if your looking to increase the daily ride of your car then this is how to do it. I will say I’m quite satisfied with the results, but I’m woulsnt have payed for it myself. Also, the instal is quite extensive. You can pull up the PDF files online for install and it’s no easy job. My car was in the shop for 4 days. Again another thing I would not have been willing to pay for.

Thank you, and I’ll be going further once I have more of an opinion.
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure of the total cost. Hop on Honda parts network and you can look it all up there. Labor was 8 hours
Did they resolve all of the other issues you had? You mentioned they added this kit at no charge, due to all the issues you had with the car, I believe?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
One thing I know I’m not the only one on, is hating how clunky this car is. It just seems to clunk and have lots of road noises.
Interesting. During my 6 months of Civic Si ownership and 8 months on this forum, I must have missed those complaints about how "clunky" this car is and all of its "road noises". Out of the 24+ vehicles I've owned from various manufacturers over the years in all different price ranges, I'm actually impressed by the Civic Si's ride and noise level - especially considering it's a low-priced, performance-oriented economy car. It sounds to me like your car is truly a "lemon" assuming it's not been misused/abused.

OP
OP
andrewlison13

andrewlison13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Interesting. During my 6 months of Civic Si ownership and 8 months on this forum, I must have missed those complaints about how "clunky" this car is and all of its "road noises". Out of the 24+ vehicles I've owned from various manufacturers over the years in all different price ranges, I'm actually impressed by the Civic Si's ride and noise level - especially considering it's a low-priced, performance-oriented economy car. It sounds to me like your car is truly a "lemon" assuming it's not been misused/abused.
Well it’s somethig I’ve personally noticed. As well as others on here. I’m glad your road feel is good though. My car was lemon in the sense of the engine. Odds of it being suspension too are slim. This car just had a very stiff suspension that caused the road and every bumb to be noticeable. Now with this I notice none. Just sharing my personal opinion on the change.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
How do you not know how much it cost?

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I'm good, I have just never heard of that before. Did you notice any drop in ride height?

OP
OP
andrewlison13

andrewlison13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I'm good, I have just never heard of that before. Did you notice any drop in ride height?
Honestly no not at all. I didn’t instal the 19s that came with the package so I could tell pretty well there was no drop.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You should not notice a change in body roll between normal & sport. The springs ARE however a tad stiffer which may help explain part of your experience when pushed hard. I've been told that the biggest changes on this setup (aside from the beefier springs) is that the damping parameters are more relaxed in normal, and much more aggressive in sport. Anyone who is not "feeling" a difference between modes on stock, will likely feel the difference on HFP. It's a bit pricey @ $1560.

My take: Unless you're REALLY picky about your suspension, wait until your OEM shocks/struts are worn before getting. Roughly the same price as paying for all four stock ADS dampers.

OP
OP
andrewlison13

andrewlison13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
You should not notice a change in body roll between normal & sport. The springs ARE however a tad stiffer which may help explain part of your experience when pushed hard. I've been told that the biggest changes on this setup (aside from the beefier springs) is that the damping parameters are more relaxed in normal, and much more aggressive in sport. Anyone who is not "feeling" a difference between modes on stock, will likely feel the difference on HFP. It's a bit pricey @ $1560.

My take: Unless you're REALLY picky about your suspension, wait until your OEM shocks/struts are worn before getting. Roughly the same price as paying for all four stock ADS dampers.
Agreed. Again just sharing my personal opinion. I haven’t seen a forum from anyone else who has installed yet.
Sponsored