Stock Intake makes same power as Injen

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Sooooooo I was talking to driver B yesterday. He said whoever installed my PRL flex fuel kit hooked it up incorrectly.. that’s why my car wasn’t registering ethanol properly... my fuel trims were complete garbage according to Derek Robinson..
Wow man that totally sucks your motor still would of been here with us :( R.I.P
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow man that totally sucks your motor still would of been here with us :( R.I.P
well This motor has 35k miles less than mine has and I’m keeping it stock until I have the internals ready to be installed.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hello ... Yeah ... Most concerning is the K/N drop in ... You don't need that! Worse is it doesn't property filter. Stock air filter is actually also containing oil and WAY better filtration.
Completely 100 percent not true. I have been using them over 15 years. I currently have two cars, one at 145k and another on 130k miles that have been using them at mile one, both cleaned and reoiled once each. I used it in my Si for 17k, and I have in my Lexus. Oil analysis shows the filter 100 percent works.

Engineering Explained has a video showing they give a slight HP boost, but I use them because I saved money not having to change them for 13 years on one car and 6 years on my other one

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Completely 100 percent not true. I have been using them over 15 years. I currently have two cars, one at 145k and another on 130k miles that have been using them at mile one, both cleaned and reoiled once each. I used it in my Si for 17k, and I have in my Lexus. Oil analysis shows the filter 100 percent works.

Engineering Explained has a video showing they give a slight HP boost, but I use them because I saved money not having to change them for 13 years on one car and 6 years on my other one
A lot of these topics people have no experience with them. They’re just going off what people heard. The ones who do get to experience it, it’s completely subjective. Everyone’s cars are different, tuned differently unless it’s stock. I love the K&N filters and should have gone that route instead of doing the CAI as cool as it “SOUNDS” lol

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Personally I use dry washable air filters. I have two. I change them a few times per year, vacuuming them works fine. Then a rinse and left out to dry.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A lot of these topics people have no experience with them. They’re just going off what people heard. The ones who do get to experience it, it’s completely subjective. Everyone’s cars are different, tuned differently unless it’s stock. I love the K&N filters and should have gone that route instead of doing the CAI as cool as it “SOUNDS” lol
They saved me money! I'm about to clean and re oil the filter for the second time on my 2006 Camry. I actually installed it at 15k, and am at 145k now! On the same K&N! They are built so well that when you wash them they still look like new. You can reuse them up to 4 times, but on the next cleaning cycle I will replace it

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally I use dry washable air filters. I have two. I change them a few times per year, vacuuming them works fine. Then a rinse and left out to dry.
I forget the name of the company that sells the dry performance filters, but here is a tidbit... they are made by K&N!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
anybody who buys a CAI for HP gains didn't educate themselves enough,

if you test the stock air filter against the K+N drop in filter, they will likely also be the same
You save money over the stock filters and don't have to clean them for 50k. I have a 2006 Camry with 145k and a 2013 Toyota Sienna with 130k..both have had the same k&n for 6 and 13 years

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've used

Same here...

aFe Pro Dry S or AEM Dryflow. Both are good with the AEM (owned by K&N) being much cheaper. They filter somewhat better than K&N and flow better than stock.
That's it, AEM! Owned by K&N

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
even a FRAM filter would filter better then a K+N,

a K+N filter is almost like not having any filter at all
Sigh........

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They saved me money! I'm about to clean and re oil the filter for the second time on my 2006 Camry. I actually installed it at 15k, and am at 145k now! On the same K&N! They are built so well that when you wash them they still look like new. You can reuse them up to 4 times, but on the next cleaning cycle I will replace it
How often do you clean your K&N? I’m going to buy one when my car is up and running

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How often do you clean your K&N? I’m going to buy one when my car is up and running
Every 50K. You can buy the cleaning and re-oil kit from Amazon for around $18 or so that will clean 3 to 4 times. Let me make a correction. I cleaned it already twice on my 2006 Camry, twice on my 2013 Sienna, and when I reach 150K on the Camry I will be cleaning it for a third and probably last time before I replace it, or I just might replace it depending on the condition

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Every 50K. You can buy the cleaning and re-oil kit from Amazon for around $18 or so that will clean 3 to 4 times. Let me make a correction. I cleaned it already twice on my 2006 Camry, twice on my 2013 Sienna, and when I reach 150K on the Camry I will be cleaning it for a third and probably last time before I replace it, or I just might replace it depending on the condition
That’s not bad!! 50 bucks for a K&N filter and replacing it maybe you once in the cars life time is awesome!!

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Sooooooo I was talking to driver B yesterday. He said whoever installed my PRL flex fuel kit hooked it up incorrectly.. that’s why my car wasn’t registering ethanol properly... my fuel trims were complete garbage according to Derek Robinson..
I think this post should be added to the OP's thread that was recently locked up to conclude the thread. This is most likely the cause of the engine failure. We have to keep note of these things for the community and to show that these motors still are capable and stout as long as things are running properly and are properly tuned.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I don’t understand what can be installed wrong with the prl flex kit yet you get eca% read for the tuner to tune it and not notice an issue.

Could you be more specific as to what it was that was installed incorrectly? Or what the issue was that caused your trims to be all over (moving eca%)?

Id blame your intake (incorrect scaling) for the bad trims over the flex kit being “incorrectly installed” but we dont have enough info really. Do you have an older log of these bad trims showing eca% as well as other parameters obviously?
Sponsored