New Owners: Is it REALLY feasible to use CTR as a DD?

ChrisB

PRL & Hondata Top Fan
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
IT is my DD and I love it , way better than my EVO X , Better miles , easy to drive, more comfortable , bigger truck space, apple car play ....a lot more :)
This! Traded my Evo X for the CTR and I love it! Best daily out there imo. Comfort mode for when you need it and +R for when you’re feeling frisky. The hatch space is huge! Great for getting groceries, hauling kids, carving back roads, sitting in stop and go traffic, etc.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I see lots of comments on fuel. so what. how many of you and the rest of america drive a suv to work and pick up the kids daily? those things get what sub 20 miles to a gallon. fuel is the last of my worries DDing the R. Tires? I sold the tires it came with first week, put p zero nero gt perilli on it for peanuts and they have a 30k tread life and I seriously haven't noticed any difference between them and the ones that came on the car. ( I dont track my car its a DD). and yes it handles twisting winding roads just fine with no slip on those tires. I love the car and its an awesome daily driver. at the end of the day we just put it on a pedestal it is just a civic with a back seat and car seat tie downs. it was meant to be a fast car and a family car so use it for that.

As for attention. Guess Im lucky. I live in a part of the country where if it aint a truck or a mustang it aint shit. No one looks at it hardly.
Do those new tires fit on the oem wheels?

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
This! Traded my Evo X for the CTR and I love it! Best daily out there imo. Comfort mode for when you need it and +R for when you’re feeling frisky. The hatch space is huge! Great for getting groceries, hauling kids, carving back roads, sitting in stop and go traffic, etc.
Interesting! Im actually going to trade in my 2011 Si for an Evo X. I was originally shooting for an R but they're a headache to get in SoCal so I'll get the Evo X instead which should already be a huge upgrade from the Si.

evolutionX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X CTR 15925
Country flag
I am going to keep my EVO X for weekend car , loud , fast , uncomfortable but still it is an EVO not for Daily

devthejeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex, 2008 Honda Civic SI
So far I have been DD my 18 on Angeles Crest. Can't complain ;) but I will start giving it a break here and there to limit the miles. I have an 08 SI that helps out.

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag
Interesting! Im actually going to trade in my 2011 Si for an Evo X. I was originally shooting for an R but they're a headache to get in SoCal so I'll get the Evo X instead which should already be a huge upgrade from the Si.
I know a place in SoCal that doesn't have a markup when I got mine. I was able to get it with a ton of added accessories + DMV Fees etc. and that was it.

ChrisB

PRL & Hondata Top Fan
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would have kept mine to too, but she had issues I didn't want to pay to fix, mostly the clear peeling on the entire car, lol...also t-case, acd pump, and power steering problems.

I am going to keep my EVO X for weekend car , loud , fast , uncomfortable but still it is an EVO not for Daily

PepsiJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update: Getting new brake pads installed all around and it’s $965 + tax. I opted to keep the front rotors until my next pad replacement (they can’t be machined), so that will be about another $425 the next time I replace the pads.

Still love the car, but tires and brakes are definitely an eye opener lol.

Ih8cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Outback xt, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, 1988 BMW m3, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2006 Noble M400
Update: Getting new brake pads installed all around and it’s $965 + tax. I opted to keep the front rotors until my next pad replacement (they can’t be machined), so that will be about another $425 the next time I replace the pads.

Uhhh wut? How are 8 brake pads $1k? Are you having the stealership do it?

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag

What paint were they huffing when they charged you $965 for pads?

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
A happy ending should be involved at that price ... just sayin ...

ChrisB

PRL & Hondata Top Fan
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag

Like others mentioned pads should not cost that much and unless you are riding on no brakes you won't need to do rotors...they're robbing you bro! I would stop going to them...lol. You can do pads at home for WAYYY less!

Ih8cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Outback xt, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, 1988 BMW m3, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2006 Noble M400

Also, how many miles are on your car? Seems a little early to be needing pads unless you track frequently
Sponsored