brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was at the Honda dealer for a different problem and was shocked to see all four car windows and moon roof half way open. This will happen if you hold the unlock button on the fob long enough, so something in my pants pocket must have caused this. Is there anything I can do to have this function disabled?
Sponsored

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might be able to find something in the diagnostic mode. I think the combo is Audio+Menu+Brightness button, and skim through the menus.

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
wait what? I can hold the unlock button to roll down my windows? Awesome.

OP
OP

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I for one don't like it, and wish I could disable it. My phone was more and likely pressing on one unlock button in my right pocket to cause the windows and moon roof to open without my knowledge. That's all I need on a rainy day.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I accidentally did it as well when putting something in another vehicle and inadvertently pressing the button in my pocket against the car. The next thing I know, I go out to my car the next morning and the windows/sunroof are open. Thankfully, it didn't rain...

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoa, I just tried this and it really works! You have to press the unlock button once first, though, and then press and hold it again for the windows to start rolling down. Every one of them will keep going until you release the button.

I'm not sure how to disable that, either, but I'd imagine there's a setting somewhere...

Gazelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 CIvic EX, '06 Ninja 250
Country flag
You might be able to find something in the diagnostic mode. I think the combo is Audio+Menu+Brightness button, and skim through the menus.
I wasn't able to find anything in that menu, unfortunately. If it's hidden in there, I'd love to find out where the toggle is.

It's not a bad feature if it happens when I do it on purpose, but it's happened several times on accident. I'm afraid of having personal items stolen or having it happen on a rainy day when it's happening several times a day by accident.

I've started not putting the fob in my pocket at all, but that's rather inconvenient. I'd like to find these thick/firm leather fob holders that prevent the buttons from being pressed, but they only seem to be questionable imports from China (with 30-day shipping turtle-speed).

OP
OP

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I wasn't able to find anything in that menu, unfortunately. If it's hidden in there, I'd love to find out where the toggle is.

It's not a bad feature if it happens when I do it on purpose, but it's happened several times on accident. I'm afraid of having personal items stolen or having it happen on a rainy day when it's happening several times a day by accident.

I've started not putting the fob in my pocket at all, but that's rather inconvenient. I'd like to find these thick/firm leather fob holders that prevent the buttons from being pressed, but they only seem to be questionable imports from China (with 30-day shipping turtle-speed).
i solved my problem with this. Fits the FOB nicely.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NIXLR0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Khellendrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Hyundai Sonata
Im curious on how to get them to go back up, anyone know? Other than getting in the car and doing it that way.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Im curious on how to get them to go back up, anyone know? Other than getting in the car and doing it that way.
Only other way is to use the mechanical key in the lock cylinder. Twist momentarily to lock. Then twist again and hold. It isn't possible from the remote.
Sponsored