MAKE SURE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOUR CAR!

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
i understand everyones concern with not having someone drive their car they are purchasing, but saying you wont buy the car isnt gonna make anyone worried. they will just sell the car to someone else. im sure it is hard for these people at the dealers to not want to experience the car. im glad i work at the dealer where i m buying my car so i get to do the pdi and everything, nobody but me will be driving the car but i suspect that wont be the case for everyone, especially since per honda we are supposed to put 10 miles on the car for the pdi but it may be different for this car.
This is why I am glad I work at the dealership I will be getting mine from. As soon as it comes off the truck the keys are going in my pocket and nobody is going to touch it but me.
Its good that you can watch out for your cars as you work at a Honda dealership but who is watching out for all the other customers who are "trusting" them to PDI them? And you have to pay a PDI fee for this?
Sponsored

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Its good that you can watch out for your cars as you work at a Honda dealership but who is watching out for all the other customers who are "trusting" them to PDI them? And you have to pay a PDI fee for this?
I thought Honda pays the PDI tech...?

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Isn't there usually a PDI and Freight charge added to cars on purchase?

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Isn't there usually a PDI and Freight charge added to cars on purchase?
Just destination and taxes and registration..? Ive only bought two cars and just only learned from this forum a GREAT deal of information pertaining to purchasing a vehicle. Holy run on sentence.:confused:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The driver has a nice hair bun. My EXT had 2 miles on it when I test drove it. They had to drive it from their spare lot. If I was getting a CTR, it better not have more than 5 miles on it.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
The driver has a nice hair bun. My EXT had 2 miles on it when I test drove it. They had to drive it from their spare lot. If I was getting a CTR, it better not have more than 5 miles on it.
In the pictures of them coming off the trucks most have 5-7 miles on them. Plus the PDI...

Last edited:

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
You can try. When I was calling up dealers about the CTR, I did request to have no detailing and leave the shipping plastic coverings on the car. Some said they would, others said it wasn't possible since having the car 'fully' ready to purchase (e.g., clean car) was part of the PDI. So it all depends on the dealer.
Another words they get paid to do that PDI

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
yes we are paid by the dealer to perform the pdi, the customer does not pay for it

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Then, can you request to hold off on the PDI until you're physically there? Or is being paid time dependent right at the time of delivery?

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
I imagine Honda America has seen this video. Someone there is monitoring this forum for sure.
Hey American Honda,

how about a EGP hatchback or better yet a YELLOW.

Even a yellow coupe would be great.

You got new "Helios Yellow Pearl" for the Fit,
spread the wealth. :bow:

Sorry :topic:

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Hey American Honda,

how about a EGP hatchback or better yet a YELLOW.

Even a yellow coupe would be great.

You got new "Helios Yellow Pearl" for the Fit,
spread the wealth. :bow:

Sorry :topic:
I want a purple one. I love my midnight plum fit, but would like something flat or polished purple.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Then, can you request to hold off on the PDI until you're physically there? Or is being paid time dependent right at the time of delivery?
PDI = Pre-Delivery Inspection

Since the PDI cannot be performed prior to delivery to the dealer, it must be performed prior to delivery the customer.

The PDI can be performed any time prior to the time the vehicle is delivered to the customer.

There are two sets of checklists on the PDI form:

1) A longer checklist (which includes a road test) that should be perfomed after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer, but before it is delivered to the customer and

2) A shorter checklist that should be performed at delivery to the customer which includes such items as cleaning, removing plastic, and checking tire pressure.

Typically, dealers will do the first one as soon as the vehicle is delivered to them then the second one after the vehicles is purchased and just before the customer takes possession.

Dealers may be reluctant or even refuse to delay the portion of the PDI that includes a road test. Why? They need time to fix any problems and want to get reimbursement from Honda as soon as possible.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Hang on a sec --

I see pics of two videos, one with a salesman-looking guy in a white shirt, and the other with a tech in a Honda polo shirt. Are these the same dealership?

Just want to know before I start tweeting anything.

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Hang on a sec --

I see pics of two videos, one with a salesman-looking guy in a white shirt, and the other with a tech in a Honda polo shirt. Are these the same dealership?

Just want to know before I start tweeting anything.
Lol glad to see I wasn't the only one that got caught off by that at first. To my understanding, they are two different dealerships and the salesman in the white shirt is the guy at the Honda of Chantilly dealership.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Lol glad to see I wasn't the only one that got caught off by that at first. To my understanding, they are two different dealerships and the salesman in the white shirt is the guy at the Honda of Chantilly dealership.
Okay, good, 'cuz that's the one that I called out to Honda.
Sponsored