So, you can finally replace the radio in your 2016+ EX and above...

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For anybody who doesn't wanna click the link.

Essentially, it's a radio kit that has the dash kit integrated with a custom climate control interface. Sometimes, it's the best we can get. I still don't think that will be the case for our cars, but ADSMaestro is being a bunch of slackers.

Honda Civic 10th gen So, you can finally replace the radio in your 2016+ EX and above... 1630282926130

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
All vehicle settings previously on the radio display are now on the new display. This is stated within the instructions. You also do have the ability to change the backup camera view angles. The heated seat function is also swapped to the little display.
Honda Civic 10th gen So, you can finally replace the radio in your 2016+ EX and above... 1630283234847
Honda Civic 10th gen So, you can finally replace the radio in your 2016+ EX and above... 1630283282326

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I apologize if this has already been discussed here. I did a quick search and didn't find anything, please delete if need be.

If this kit works, it's a game changer. Maybe the other companies will finally kick it into gear now that they'll be losing money. The only company that directly integrates factory stuff into the new radio display, that I've seen anyways, is the aforementioned ADSMaestro, but we'll see if they ever take us seriously... Cause for now they're prioritizing the ever more popular Chrysler Pacifica (sarcasm).

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
$390, Ouch! Add radio and external amp. >$1000. DOA. Lol... Just kidding.

Yeah thanks for the heads up and looking forward to some reviews.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
This could be great for anyone who doesn't like the tuning of the factory amp- I'm still not happy with my attempts to get decent sound out of the Si system. I already have an adequate amp, but no idea what I'd use for a head unit. I have an Alpine ilx-w650 in my Fit, and the door speakers running directly from it still sound better than the Civic. Sometimes it doesn't like to work with a Samsung phone, though.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
$390, Ouch! Add radio and external amp. >$1000. DOA. Lol... Just kidding.

Yeah thanks for the heads up and looking forward to some reviews.
Same! I’m hoping Five Star does something on it, they’ve worked on plenty of civics. I’m just a little wary of metra, but hey, if it works it works. I’ll more than likely be buying it in about a year or so, maybe sooner. We’ll see haha

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This could be great for anyone who doesn't like the tuning of the factory amp- I'm still not happy with my attempts to get decent sound out of the Si system. I already have an adequate amp, but no idea what I'd use for a head unit. I have an Alpine ilx-w650 in my Fit, and the door speakers running directly from it still sound better than the Civic. Sometimes it doesn't like to work with a Samsung phone, though.
The W650 is a great unit. Have you checked if there were any firmware updates that maybe improved android connectivity?

The guide also mentions another part necessary for amp integration, but I’m so glad they got it down. For my (subwoofer only) amp, I’ll probably leave it high level input, but I’m interested to see how the OEM Amps output being changed affects the response.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I'm not sure exactly what made it work, I updated firmware, swapped cables, and connected the phone bluetooth only all in the same troubleshooting session. Even then, when I plugged the phone in, it would attempt to connect and fail repeatedly, like cycling every few seconds. I noticed it looked kind of like a screen flashing momentarily with a button or two that I could press, so I tried to hit the button as it flashed by. When I got the timing down and got the button, it finished connecting.

I still don't know what the message was, or what the options were, but it works now unless I'm trying to use a non music app with background music. Then it glitches and drops connection until I close the app. My work phone is Apple, and it never had any trouble. All that being said, I agree on it being a good head unit.

bearattack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Wondering if anybody brave has tried to install this on the 2016 LX Sedan in Canada. It has the 7" touch screen head unit but I've been told the wiring is different between Canada and US models.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not sure exactly what made it work, I updated firmware, swapped cables, and connected the phone bluetooth only all in the same troubleshooting session. Even then, when I plugged the phone in, it would attempt to connect and fail repeatedly, like cycling every few seconds. I noticed it looked kind of like a screen flashing momentarily with a button or two that I could press, so I tried to hit the button as it flashed by. When I got the timing down and got the button, it finished connecting.

I still don't know what the message was, or what the options were, but it works now unless I'm trying to use a non music app with background music. Then it glitches and drops connection until I close the app. My work phone is Apple, and it never had any trouble. All that being said, I agree on it being a good head unit.
Which android phone do you have?

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wondering if anybody brave has tried to install this on the 2016 LX Sedan in Canada. It has the 7" touch screen head unit but I've been told the wiring is different between Canada and US models.
Isn't that specific canadian model just referred to as the LX-P?

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag