Si Tuning - Confused Ktuner 19.5psi

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Hi all,

I'm looking to tune. I first found the Hondata Flash Pro +6psi tune... straight forward.. bumps output to 232whp...

Then I wonder if there is a +3psi tune. Nope.

Then I find Ktuner has a 19.5psi tune ... how much power does this tune have? What's the final whp?
I see no data or claims from Ktuner.

I don't want to risk anything and I wish Hondata had a +3psi tune for the Si.

Ktuner also says fully customizable... can I make my own 20psi tune for example??
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We've outlined our high end tune for the Si, at 23PSI, with a dyno graph and comparison to factory on the application page. That has been proven to be at safe levels. Our 19.5 and 21.5 are also outlined with details and will product less tq/hp than the 23PSI map. 19.5 is essentially a stage 0, better than factory, option which removes factory limitations and allows you to make additional drivability adjustments.

Starter 19.5 PSI:
Improved throttle response
Removed throttle dampening on low end, better performance off the line
Reduced turbo lag
Improved low-end and midrange torque
Boost raised to 19.5psi across the board, whereas factory only targets 19 at the peak RPM of 5700 and then drops off again
Producing a much more sporty feel, better drivability, and additional top end power!

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
We've outlined our high end tune for the Si, at 23PSI, with a dyno graph ... Our 19.5 and 21.5 are also outlined with details and will product less tq/hp than the 23PSI map. 19.5 is essentially a stage 0, better than factory, option which removes factory limitations and allows you to make additional drivability adjustments.
Is there a dyno graph I'm not seeing for the 19.5 and 21.5 psi tunes? These sound like what I'm after but I'd like to know the Whp and Torque numbers.

Thx

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
We've outlined our high end tune for the Si, at 23PSI, with a dyno graph and comparison to factory on the application page. That has been proven to be at safe levels. Our 19.5 and 21.5 are also outlined with details and will product less tq/hp than the 23PSI map. 19.5 is essentially a stage 0, better than factory, option which removes factory limitations and allows you to make additional drivability adjustments.

Starter 19.5 PSI:
Reduced turbo lag
Boost raised to 19.5psi across the board, whereas factory only targets 19 at the peak RPM of 5700 and then drops off again
Producing a much more sporty feel, better drivability, and additional top end power!
My understanding of the SI is that the factory Sport Mode also increases the throttle response. Would the 19.5 PSI throttle setting be more or less sensitive than the stock Sport mode?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Is there a dyno graph I'm not seeing for the 19.5 and 21.5 psi tunes? These sound like what I'm after but I'd like to know the Whp and Torque numbers.

Thx
Some changes were made after the original dyno sessions.

My understanding of the SI is that the factory Sport Mode also increases the throttle response. Would the 19.5 PSI throttle setting be more or less sensitive than the stock Sport mode?
The factory tune has dampening regardless of mode.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Some changes were made after the original dyno sessions.

The factory tune has dampening regardless of mode.
Apologies, I was under the impression that the SI did not have dampening?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Apologies, I was under the impression that the SI did not have dampening?
It's in the list I mentioned, but beyond that I can understand why you wouldn't know. I believe I'm the only person sharing any in depth information with the public.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag

Starter 19.5 PSI:
Reduced turbo lag
KTUNER, is this something the dealer can detect (like through OBD diagnostics or something)? I'm asking because of warranty concerns

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
KTUNER, is this something the dealer can detect (like through OBD diagnostics or something)? I'm asking because of warranty concerns
Yes it can be detected flash back to
stock if you go to the dealer and hope for the best if you run 19.5 psi my guess is they wouldnt say anything id they checked your max
Boost in the logs but you never know.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The dealer software does not have a section currently that outlines any type of flash counter, etc.
So in short, the asnwer is no?

Last edited:

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
So in short, the qsnwer is no?
What they are saying is that they cant detect how many times its been flashed but if you leave it they will see it. also they have a perminent storage device for things such as over revs and max psi.
Sponsored

Last edited: