Why 2017 so close to 2018?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No worries about the US Si getting the LED headlights for 2018. They don't perform well and are more expensive. Those are the things Honda looks at instead of a handful of customers wanting them.

A volume knob is very unlikely until an MMC or FMC for 2019-2021.

Blind Spot Monitoring in place of the Lane Watch camera? Very doubtful.

Remote start for manuals? That's already possible (Ford does it), but Honda probably realizes the safety and liability issues involved and chooses not to implement it.

Definitely no hatchback Si. :)

Navigation? That would have been easy to do already since it already exists in other Civics. Honda chose not to offer it. The take rate in past Si models was probably low. Honda could do an about-face if there was sufficient demand, but it definitely wouldn't be standard as that would raise the price of the car significantly.

One of the only things that might happen is a new or revised paint color - that's typically what happens from year to year.

Additional features typically don't occur until an MMC or FMC and it's not quite time for that - especially with how well the 10th generation Civic as a whole has been selling. There's little incentive to change a winning formula.
Remote start on Ford manuals? I have push button but no remote.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Remote start on Ford manuals? I have push button but no remote.
There are no factory manual cars with remote start that I am aware of.
I may have spoken in error. I had repeated something someone else here posted without taking the time to verify it. I, too, have been unable to verify factory remote start on any vehicle with a manual transmission. Thank you both for pointing this out - I'll edit my post.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
He added it after the fact and not likely OEM. Its not a factory ordered option on any manual car, regardless of manufacturer.
Sorry, after all this time, I just realized it was auto, but he drives the damn thing like it's standard.

My brother used to have a compustar alarm on his Type R with auto start. It had a fell safe so that it wouldn't start in gear.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
There's no advantage/disadvantage. But there will be increasingly downward pressure on MSRP as more Si's flood the market.
So is there any way to get the actual (intended) production numbers, i.e. how many exactly will they be making this year? Or at least the rate of production/distribution? It is going to increase, or will it continue to trickle in at this excruciatingly slow pace? I keep waiting to start seeing the influx, it at least a notable increase in their numbers on lots, but it just doesn't seem to be happening... (Yet? When? Waaaahhhhh!! :cry:)

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So is there any way to get the actual (intended) production numbers, i.e. how many exactly will they be making this year? Or at least the rate of production/distribution? It is going to increase, or will it continue to trickle in at this excruciatingly slow pace? I keep waiting to start seeing the influx, it at least a notable increase in their numbers on lots, but it just doesn't seem to be happening... (Yet? When? Waaaahhhhh!! :cry:)
I've been watching Cars.com since the release date. Once Si started hitting the dealers, total number showing up in listings for "new 2017 Honda Civic Si" was increasing by about 100 units per day. The last couple of days the rate of increase has slowed - possibly indicate that the inventory target is near and dealers now have sufficient inventory to meet majority demand, but it could mean lots of other things from (un)expected production delays to brisk sales. There are also dozens that are now being listed below MSRP by anywhere from a few hundred to almost a couple thousand dollars. I wouldn't put complete faith in that, though, as the price often changes from what is listed on Cars.com when you get to the dealer. It does, however, decrease the notion of a "pricing error" given the number of dealers who are advertising below MSRP.

Two different dealers here in East Texas still have their initial blue sedan and red coupe they've had for almost two weeks now.

As an aside, each my three closest dealers has a Type R in transit. Only two of them initially received an Si.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yeah cars.com unfortunately isn't a very accurate source, although it's obviously better than nothing...

Just wish there was some way for a buyer to make an offer to any dealer within a certain area/radius, instead of just seeing what's available or having to contact a dealer at a time...

(Or at least some way for me to stop worrying that the production isn't going to increase anymore...)

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Looks like I'll have to get my 2018 Si this fall... WZR.V went private and are cashing out all shares with a deposit of over $183,000 in my account (debt-free) this month. :eek: I went from $60 grand in the red to $80 grand in the green in a year and a half, with BTR.V breaking out too now at $35+ grand. Then there's over $80 grand in inheritance this month as well. Over 1/4 million $ all near my birthday is kinda crazy... So I think I better invest in a new Honda asap!

Last edited:

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
Looks like I'll have to get my 2018 Si this fall... WZR.V went private and are cashing out all shares with a deposit of over $183,000 in my account (debt-free) this month. :eek: I went from $60 grand in the red to $80 grand in the green in a year and a half, with BTR.V breaking out too now at $35+ grand. Then there's over $80 grand in inheritance this month as well. Over 1/4 million $ all near my birthday is kinda crazy... So I think I better invest in a new Honda asap!
Unless you're getting a good deal on a left over.. I'd probably wait a cpl months for the 2018
Sponsored