What's your purchase price?

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Ive been also promised MSRP. I feel like Honda understands that actual enthusiasts want the car and they don't feel like they need to play the extra games Ford has played. In a few videos I've seen with the interviews, it didn't seem like they were going to gouge the msrp out like others have suggested.

Canadian prices:
Focus ST: $48,400
STI sport tech: $45,400
GOLF R - MSRP $45,000 (selling for > $41k)
2018 Type R: I still have no idea lol :doh:
I'd like to see the CTR coming in at $38k CDN.
Sponsored

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is the exact quote from the sales rep at my local dealer:

"My manager told me he put a order in for the white for you. You are the 1st one to get one. It will be MSRP...NOT MORE! We do NOT raise the MSRP on any car here at Autopark Honda. No date as of yet. They are saying it could be summer. A a chance before. Will keep you posted as I have information."

I know that the NC market is not SoCal, Florida, NY/NJ or Boston and the demand is surely less, but there ARE dealers out there where you can getMSRP, even on the much anticipated CTR. Don't stand for dealer mark-up. If no one pays it, then it goes away.

P.S. I reached out and got on (2) lists when news came out the the CTR was coming to the US. The one quoted above took a $500 check, but did not deposit it and it is 100% refundable, just gives me the first right to refuse. I did ask the sales rep specifically about getting the car at MSRP and requested that they put their policy in writing. I told her that if they would commit to MSRP, then I would take my name off of the lists at the other dealers. Remember that you have all the leverage. ADM = no thanks. It may mean you have to wait if you live in a market with huge demand, but personally I would wait or pass all together if it came down to ADM. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Here is the exact quote from the sales rep at my local dealer:

"My manager told me he put a order in for the white for you. You are the 1st one to get one. It will be MSRP...NOT MORE! We do NOT raise the MSRP on any car here at Autopark Honda. No date as of yet. They are saying it could be summer. A a chance before. Will keep you posted as I have information."

I know that the NC market is not SoCal, Florida, NY/NJ or Boston and the demand is surely less, but there ARE dealers out there where you can getMSRP, even on the much anticipated CTR. Don't stand for dealer mark-up. If no one pays it, then it goes away.

P.S. I reached out and got on (2) lists when news came out the the CTR was coming to the US. The one quoted above took a $500 check, but did not deposit it and it is 100% refundable, just gives me the first right to refuse. I did ask the sales rep specifically about getting the car at MSRP and requested that they put their policy in writing. I told her that if they would commit to MSRP, then I would take my name off of the lists at the other dealers. Remember that you have all the leverage. ADM = no thanks. It may mean you have to wait if you live in a market with huge demand, but personally I would wait or pass all together if it came down to ADM. Just my 2 cents.
I did the same bud. Although I have heard dealers who don't do ADM often get the extra money by doing add ons. This is how they get away with saying we don't do ADM. Not saying that's your situation, just saying that's how they get a lot of people on typical sales. I made sure to get "no adds" in writing as well. Not really sure what they could possibly add to the Type R anyway but knowing those dirty dealers, they'll find something I'm sure.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Very true... hmmm, I wonder what options we will have to choose from? Any ideas?
Unfortunately, I do not have any intel on options. I'm hoping they go the UK route with a GT package that pretty well has everything including nav. Rumour has it Australia is going with the fully loaded option only. I did see somewhere, at one time, an option to have black wheel bolts (UK maybe..). From what I've read so far I think the rear spoiler will be standard. Will be adding a trunk tray and a few small items but will be looking for a fully loaded CTR to start with.
www.gorilla-auto.com

Have had black locks & lugs on my last (3) sets of wheels & purchased all from Gorilla. High quality materials & worth the $.
Thanks for the info!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I do not have any intel on options. I'm hoping they go the UK route with a GT package that pretty well has everything including nav. Rumour has it Australia is going with the fully loaded option only. I did see somewhere, at one time, an option to have black wheel bolts (UK maybe..). From what I've read so far I think the rear spoiler will be standard. Will be adding a trunk tray and a few small items but will be looking for a fully loaded CTR to start with.

Thanks for the info!
Sweet man. Feel free to enlighten us on any info that may not be posted. Do you know anything about what will go down at the Canadian Show in Toronto next month?? I know it will be there and dealers are going to have info 95% at that show I've been told. So a month basically to the day, fingers crossed.

I really need to know about final colours before that show, as there is a chance one could get allocated this way (possibility) to moi.

Championship white? If it is I'm sold on that.
What red? Ralley or special?
What black?

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I'd like to see the CTR coming in at $38k CDN.
Unfortunately, according to a Cdn sales manager I talked to today the Canadian dealership reps present were told in a meeting last Wed that the price will be "north of $40K" (Cdn). They were not given any more specific pricing or option info at this time. He believes that pricing and specs won't be announced until very close to the actual release. He did indicate, that at this point, Honda Canada is telling them not to expect the Type R until June earliest.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, according to a Cdn sales manager I talked to today the Canadian dealership reps present were told in a meeting last Wed that the price will be "north of $40K" (Cdn). They were not given any more specific pricing or option info at this time. He believes that pricing and specs won't be announced until very close to the actual release. He did indicate, that at this point, Honda Canada is telling them not to expect the Type R until June earliest.
38 is a dream price @CIVICSPORT :love:

I'm expecting 44-46 CDN, and jezz, I was hoping for May..

Last edited:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sweet man. Feel free to enlighten us on any info that may not be posted. Do you know anything about what will go down at the Canadian Show in Toronto next month?? I know it will be there and dealers are going to have info 95% at that show I've been told. So a month basically to the day, fingers crossed.

I really need to know about final colours before that show, as there is a chance one could get allocated this way (possibility) to moi.

Championship white? If it is I'm sold on that.
What red? Ralley or special?
What black?
Also told that the Type-R prototype will be at the Toronto show (17-26 Feb). Unfortunately, I do not expect much more info announced at this time. I will definitely post any other info I get.

As for colours I have not heard anything final but I'm almost certain there will be Championship white. That is the classic Type R colour which is always the first to release. There are a couple of pictures on page three of the 'Honda wants to reclaim FWD Nurburgring record' in the Type R forum of a white one with only the bumpers and a couple other parts covered up. If I was a guessing man I would guess Championship white, Rally Red, black, metallic blue, and some form of dark metallic grey (same as Europe 9 gen Type R's). Even the interior red markings are turning out to be similar to previous Type R's.
Keep in mind this is speculation only at this point though.

Last edited:

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the same bud. Although I have heard dealers who don't do ADM often get the extra money by doing add ons. This is how they get away with saying we don't do ADM. Not saying that's your situation, just saying that's how they get a lot of people on typical sales. I made sure to get "no adds" in writing as well. Not really sure what they could possibly add to the Type R anyway but knowing those dirty dealers, they'll find something I'm sure.
Right on Eddie. I usually play hardball on the $500 "Environmental Protection Package" or $300 pin stripes and just tell them to remove both as I do not want them (and it goes away). To be completely honest, if I really do get a Championship White CTR for MSRP, I'll probably let them charge me $350 for "Administrative Fees" and $200 for a trunk tray. In the dealership, I'll slap my knee and curse God above because they GOT ME!! Then I'll drive off in my CTR with a boner & perma-grin stamped on my face.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Also told that the Type-R prototype will be at the Toronto show (17-26 Feb). Unfortunately, I do not expect much more info announced at this time. I will definitely post any other info I get.

As for colours I have not heard anything final but I'm almost certain there will be Championship white. That is the classic Type R colour which is always the first to release. There is a picture somewhere in this forum of a white one with only the bumpers and a couple other parts covered up. If I was a guessing man I would guess Champ white, Rally Red, black, metallic blue, and some form of dark metallic grey (same as Europe 9 gen Type R's). Even the interior red markings are turning out to be similar to previous Type R's.
With today's technology in vinyl wraps, championship white will be a hot seller. Rock something else and have your beautiful champ white underneath :love:

Thanks for helping me make my decision a lot closer :bow:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
By the way, I forgot to mention that the sales manager I talked to confirmed that Honda has indicated they will build as many Type R's as the market wants (over time). You just may have to be patient though as the actual production rate may not be that high (ie it will take some time to get the numbers produced to meet the demand). To me this is good news and re-affirms other rumours out there about these cars NOT will not built in limited quantities. Good on you Honda.
In my mind, If you are patient there should be no reason to pay an ADM.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I'm sorry for you US guys... If Trump really does what he just announced today, then you'll get border-tax for all products that will arrive into the US. He specially mentioned Japan and their cars.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sorry for you US guys... If Trump really does what he just announced today, then you'll get border-tax for all products that will arrive into the US. He specially mentioned Japan and their cars.
35% or something like that according to President Twitter... :crazy:
Sponsored