What did you do to your Type R today?

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
If production really stays limited to 12K units/2 years those who keep their CTR's clean and accountable will have something collectable which = valuable long term.
I just sat in a new CTR at my local dealership, plate number was 8300+, so if Honda is limiting production, they are way ahead of schedule.
Sponsored

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
If production really stays limited to 12K units/2 years those who keep their CTR's clean and accountable will have something collectable which = valuable long term.
Something 99% of all vehicles are not!!
The ITR is somewhat collectable 20 years later but that was a low volume car and the CTR is not even close. These cars will be sought after in the used car market but they are not going to be collectibles. Also when it comes to true collectibles the car must be close to 100% stock and low mileage which means if you are really worried about your car one day feting a big price by collectors it will have to be garage stored, barely driven, and bone stock. The point of this car is to drive it so worrying about long term value is silly as your car one day will fetch a good price on the used market but it's not going to be a collector unless you don't drive it.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
wasn't too bad but definitely a 2-man job. all the interior hatch panel had to come out for access to the wing pillar bolts.

That’s actually the part I was wondering about. Wish there was an install guide that showed how all the panels came off. I hate to just go tugging on things.

slimboogie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Odyssey, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Detailed the engine bay today. Also snapped this pic of the freshly corrected paint reflecting what’s left of the big snow we had in Georgia.

I like this pic a lot for some reason.

5186CCF4-EAF2-4857-AA1D-7ECEC461D383.jpeg
Like glass!

slimboogie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Odyssey, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well I went 1 for 3 this weekend. Ordered my winter package a few days ago and got surprised with not one by two earlier than expected deliveries on Saturday. I was excited about winterizing my Type R especially with snow in the forecast for later that day.

Welp.... 1. One of the floor mats didn't seem to quite match the others so I have to ship them all back and get some new ones.

2. I unwrapped my winter wheel setup and noticed that one of the rims was already nicked. Not bad but bad enough for my OC tendencies to know it was there. Not sure how that got past quality control or if that was damaged during the transit. Of course, Tirerack was already closed by the time I got to it so that's a Monday call to see what to do next. Well, at least I was able to trim the piece off the trunk mat, install it and then quickly realized that if I was going to pull out the sub enclosure, the mat needs to go. Needless to say, at least another week till I get to take it out...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? fil

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? file1

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? file4

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? file2

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? file3