What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si?

Stealthy86

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

It's typical. You'd be hard pressed to find a car with a FMIC that doesn't have a boatload of dings. Even my WRXs which had a top mount had a decent percentage of the surface area dinged. They anticipate that and generally doesn't cause an issue. Nothing to be concerned about :)

If it bothers you, you can go in with a flat head and spread them again. otherwise i'd just leave it alone. It's going to happen.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Now that I own one

1. Door and arm rest materials
2. exhaust location, no trailer hitch options. going to cut off oem tip to install hitch :)
3. Should have made it an automatic and leave the Manual trans for type r
Door and armrest are easily replaceable but I agree. That's why I changed mine

Can't help with exhaust but I like the center exhaust. I don't tow though either

SI has never been auto and I'm glad it's not lol

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
1. Rev hang
2. Electronic parking brake
3. "Subwoofer" sucks
1. Absolutely... Luckily it looks like the Hondata tuner takes care of some of it
2. Agreed. There's something analog and satisfactory missing with the electronic one.
3. Meh, it's leaps and bounds better than a lot of factory subs w/ branded names on them i.e. Apline in Ram Trucks, Infinity in the plethora of vehicles that came in, and the Rockford Fosgate systems in Mitsubishis were abysmal.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I don't have any problems with the hand brake. taking longer to get used to holding the clutch down to start it, rather than the brake.

We'll see how much longer the arm bugs me. The door arm rest bugs me the most, can see all the dead skin.

Not pulling a trailer, just my bicycle rack.

Si has never been an auto, but it always been more "sportier" than this model .

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I said this before but I'm going to say this again because this one's a real pain in the ass

Lack of LED headlights!!!

I've purchase the Morimoto 2stroke LEDs to upgrade them but after a day one of the bulbs went out. I'm in the process of getting it replaced right now.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
1. Fake mesh pieces on the bottom of the front and rear bumpers. I would have preferred if they just kept them the same as the regular civic, just added some molding pieces.

2. No two tone seats. I looked the previous generations seats better. These are nicer, but the contrast of the old one really popped.

3. As stated already, the cloth parts that contact skin. I've had mine for a week and they already are dirty.

I have no issues with the mechanical aspects of the car because I don't race, I just zip around town.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
1. Fake mesh pieces on the bottom of the front and rear bumpers. I would have preferred if they just kept them the same as the regular civic, just added some molding pieces.
I'm hoping the mid cycle refresh will fix this, at least for the rear. front doesn't bother me much.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
1. My shifter at 2 and 4 is still not smooth!! For some reason though it is better when I am in sport mode? I feel like it's getting a little better but then it cranks and makes that weird plastic grindy sound (no it's not because of my driving). I might have to take it in for them to take a look because it is really bugging me.

2. The entire infotainment system! I really hate that acknowledgement screen and the few seconds before I can control the fans. I also wish the car had actual tire pressure gauges as one of the options. Sound system is great with the windows up. As soon as you roll down a window, poof subwoofer is gone. Then again I don't listen to music while driving on the streets because I still have to listen to the engine for the 1st gear get off. Also really wish brake assist can be defaulted to 'on' there are times I forget to hit the button and I let go of the brakes and I roll back, freaking me out.

3. The mesh really does bother me too. Why can't the sedan have the same rear bumper or similar as the coupe?? I like the mesh in the front but the rear on the sedan is fugly!

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed my clear side markers on my coupe and found out the side markers have NOTHING to do with the turn signals. This struck me as baffling. Why in the world have these side lights and not tie them into the turn signals but sure enough they do not.....

Not a deal breaker, but strikes me as lazy on Honda's part. I would rather not have any side lights then...

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I installed my clear side markers on my coupe and found out the side markers have NOTHING to do with the turn signals. This struck me as baffling. Why in the world have these side lights and not tie them into the turn signals but sure enough they do not.....

Not a deal breaker, but strikes me as lazy on Honda's part. I would rather not have any side lights then...
Join the club. I spent $100 on my side markers that were "supposedly" able to blink with my turn signals. That was not the case as the original function of the side markers doesn't blink.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Well I've finally started to develop rattle from the woofer . Gonna have to try to fix this next week .

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Well I've finally started to develop rattle from the woofer . Gonna have to try to fix this next week .
Not only does my Si's subwoofer rattle, but the driver's door speaker buzzes and rattles at times as well. My Ridgeline's doors have bass rattles so bad that I can't listen above volume 8. Does Honda even turn these systems on to test them after they design them? :)
Sponsored