First Name
Zaccari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
Hey all!

I splurged a bit with my tax return and bought a few suspension components and have a few questions:
  • Whiteline Front (27mm) & Rear (22mm) Swaybars w/ endlinks
  • D2 Lowering Springs
  • SPC Rear Camber Arms
I'm going to get my car up on the lift and install all at the same time this Sunday.

Question 1: Do you need to cut or trim the front shock bumpstop when installing the D2 lowering springs? If its not absolutely necessary, I'd rather not.

Question 2: Will I need an alignment after all this? I know I need to drop the front subframe to install the front swaybar and with detaching the front shocks, knuckles, and all that, I can't imagine I wouldn't be messing with the alignment. I'd like to stay as close to stock alignment specs as possible.

Any other warnings or words of wisdom from those who have done these mods yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
You’ll need an alignment anytime you work on suspension for the most part, especially if your dropping the sub frame. Your spec will change once everything is installed.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Cutting bump stops is really a matter of personal preference. Some cars like the Miata for example are meant to ride on the bump stop in cornering because they effectively raise the spring rates on an otherwise soft spring design to help control body roll. Modern polyurethane (PU) bump stops are progressive in design and most people are hardly going to notice when they are engaged. Lowering the car without cutting them means they will be engaged more frequently which in turn may cause them to wear out quicker, but what I don't get is all these comments of "my car rides so harsh after springs because I didn't cut my bumpstops". No your car rides harsh because you probably should have put new shocks that are more adequately valved to the stiffer spring rates you just put on the car.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I vote yes for both. I don't know what D2 recommend but the drop is one of the biggest out there for CivicX spring kits. I would expect isues if you do not trim them.

You will also definitely need an alignment, due to the same reason as above. Good thing you already purchased the camber kit. :thumbsup:
Sponsored