[URGENT] 2017 Civic LX/EX vs 2016 Civic Touring (Both Sedans)

ralphconch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Mordern Steel
[URGENT] 2017 Civic EX vs 2016 Civic Touring (Both Sedans)

I don't have much days left and I need to decide. I got approve for both cars. The 2017 EX has a modern steel metallic color which is REALLY what I want and fall in love with but it's just hard to ignore that the 2016 Civic Touring with 6kms (almost brand new) offered in Black color which looks cool too and it's fully loaded ofcourse and sold prolly like 200-300$ difference with the 2017 EX.

2017 EX
Pros: Has the color that I really want
Brand new and it's 2017 man which I can brag (lol I have that side that I also wanna brag that I bought a 2017 brand new at age of 20 )
Has enough features that I need
Cons: Doesn't have all the features

2016 Touring: Has the color that is okay for me.
Used but only 6kms!!
Fully loaded (with sunroof)
Sold almost same price with 2017 EX
Engine is better

I really need to hear more from you guys. Would appreciate it

Also wanna know which one is going to have the higher resale value.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Accord
I personally would do the 2016 Touring. Or go for the 2017 EX-T at least. Gotta get the turbo.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I'd go with the Touring. No question.

I would ask if you're getting this from a dealer or a third party. You'll want to make sure a dealer has handled all the service bulletins and recalls on the car.

Also, you might want to get a quote from http://hyannishondacare.com/ and have the email from them printed out to show the dealer to see if they can match it (unless you're getting a warranty transferred from the previous owner). I would definitely suggest having that coverage for a 2016.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
OP lives in Canada so the EX-T is a shitty buy to begin with and you can't get HondaCare through Hyannis anyway

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Whoops, missed the location tag. I don't know anything about the Canadian trims, unfortunately.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
If you intend to keep it for a long time, I would go with the 2016 Touring. Otherwise the physical model year does make a difference in resale value.

Does make you wonder why someone traded it in too....

OP
OP

ralphconch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi I appreciate all your replies.

I personally would do the 2016 Touring. Or go for the 2017 EX-T at least. Gotta get the turbo.
Yes I have decided to go for the 2016 Touring. As I have notice all the specs in 2016 and 2017 are the same in each treams. So spec wise, it's like I bought a 2017 Touring.

I'd go with the Touring. No question.

I would ask if you're getting this from a dealer or a third party. You'll want to make sure a dealer has handled all the service bulletins and recalls on the car.

Also, you might want to get a quote from http://hyannishondacare.com/ and have the email from them printed out to show the dealer to see if they can match it (unless you're getting a warranty transferred from the previous owner). I would definitely suggest having that coverage for a 2016.
Yes nothing to worry. This are all from certified dealers here in canada.

If you intend to keep it for a long time, I would go with the 2016 Touring. Otherwise the physical model year does make a difference in resale value.

Does make you wonder why someone traded it in too....
Would the 2017 EX have more resale value than the 2016 Touring , 6kms?

OP
OP

ralphconch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not really much concern about the resale value as one of my family is gonna buy it from me once he's legal and old enough to drive.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
Wow, Am I the only one having a hard time understanding your gangsta grammar or did you not even graduate from the 6th grade? No excuse for the pitifully bad grammer you have chosen to utilize.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Wow, Am I the only one having a hard time understanding your gangsta grammar or did you not even graduate from the 6th grade? No excuse for the pitifully bad grammer you have chosen to utilize.
If you're gonna come in and shit on a guy's grammar for something absolutely irrelevant, at least check your own.
You even spelled it right the first time, and then immediately went to spell it wrong. Can't tell if that's better or worse than not knowing how to spell it at all.

Also, evidently it is only you because everyone else who replied seemed to understand him fine. I don't even know what "gangsta grammar" is lol.

OP, congrats on the Touring :) The options and engine alone make it worth it.

Resale value is something that's thrown around a lot but is very vague.

While they're different MY, they are also different trims, and will command different values. Then you consider things like condition, mileage, accident history, maintenance history, and it's impossible for us to tell you which will have the higher resale value.

If you ask, for example, will the 16 civic or a 16 corolla have higher resale, then that's easier to answer. Between a 16 Touring and a 17 EX, it's very difficult.

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Between a 2016 Touring and a 2016 EX I'd say the EX will even have more resale value so between a 2016 Touring and a 2017 EX there is no contest here.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
[URGENT] 2017 Civic EX vs 2016 Civic Touring (Both Sedans)

I don't have much days left and I need to decide. I got approve for both cars. The 2017 EX has a modern steel metallic color which is REALLY what I want and fall in love with but it's just hard to ignore that the 2016 Civic Touring with 6kms (almost brand new) offered in Black color which looks cool too and it's fully loaded ofcourse and sold prolly like 200-300$ difference with the 2017 EX.

2017 EX
Pros: Has the color that I really want
Brand new and it's 2017 man which I can brag (lol I have that side that I also wanna brag that I bought a 2017 brand new at age of 20 )
Has enough features that I need
Cons: Doesn't have all the features

2016 Touring: Has the color that is okay for me.
Used but only 6kms!!
Fully loaded (with sunroof)
Sold almost same price with 2017 EX
Engine is better

I really need to hear more from you guys. Would appreciate it

Also wanna know which one is going to have the higher resale value.
If you're gonna come in and shit on a guy's grammar for something absolutely irrelevant, at least check your own.
You even spelled it right the first time, and then immediately went to spell it wrong. Can't tell if that's better or worse than not knowing how to spell it at all.

Also, evidently it is only you because everyone else who replied seemed to understand him fine. I don't even know what "gangsta grammar" is lol.

OP, congrats on the Touring :) The options and engine alone make it worth it.

Resale value is something that's thrown around a lot but is very vague.

While they're different MY, they are also different trims, and will command different values. Then you consider things like condition, mileage, accident history, maintenance history, and it's impossible for us to tell you which will have the higher resale value.

If you ask, for example, will the 16 civic or a 16 corolla have higher resale, then that's easier to answer. Between a 16 Touring and a 17 EX, it's very difficult.
yep, I am guilty of a spelling error, please accept my sincere apology

Big difference in a spelling error and writing in a manner which makes sense, but I forgot, you can't comprehend that
Sponsored