First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add, my MPG has declined drastically, my driving habits are unchanged. But with winter and all there is usually some MPG decline with all my previous cars but it seems to really impact this particular one. Am currently getting around 30-32mpg on 91 octane. Down from 40-42mpg. Bummer....

Not hating on the car or anything, just a bummer and was curious to see if others are seeing the same thing I am.
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Mine has dropped at least 6MPG in the cold weather.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Winter gas and/or cold climate.

More fuel needs to be dumped to compensate for the colder and denser (oxygen richer) air.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup all makes sense and was expected, I just never saw "this much difference". but what do you do right? :)
I still like my car!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Just to add, my MPG has declined drastically, my driving habits are unchanged. But with winter and all there is usually some MPG decline with all my previous cars but it seems to really impact this particular one. Am currently getting around 30-32mpg on 91 octane. Down from 40-42mpg. Bummer....

Not hating on the car or anything, just a bummer and was curious to see if others are seeing the same thing I am.
No significant change here. If anything, my fuel economy has increased the last few months as it has gotten colder.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic/2017/zroger73/625488/fuelchart

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wha? Now I think you're making fun of me sir! :) j/k

but that is interesting to say the least. I should state I'm in Minnesota. So weather may be different. Its been like pretty nasty outside lately, but with a massive warm spell, its like 32 degrees and from the comparison I was like, its not even jacket weather today this morning. lol

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I've only seen a 2-3 mpg drop in this cold weather... from 37.x to 34.x

I've tried 87 and 91 octane and only see about a 1 mpg difference between the two which surprises me only a little.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Lots of high MPG numbers. I'm averaging ~31 MPG with mixed city and highway. The most I've seen on the highway is ~34 MPG. '17 Si coupe 6MT. I don't really drive it that hard but guess I could be more gentle in the spirit of MPG.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
You guys really go by that screen on our cars? I use the gallons that were fill and divide that by the miles i drove on that particular trip, and then I reset it again, repeating the cycle on every fill up.I usually average 27-29 I never seen 32 or a crazy high 40mpg.
Do you feel that the trip computer is not accurate?

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'm, unfortunately, pleased to see a few others around 27 mpg. I'm using 93 Octane, and my commute is probably 2/3 city driving and 1/3 highway at around 30 miles per day and I drive it like I stole it most of the time. I did find I had a tire that was very low for a bit, so we'll see how much of a difference that makes and I've only had her for about a month and a half... It's a 10 mpg increase from my previous car but I was really hoping to eat up more of my monthly car payment with a gas efficiency bump more substantial than 10 mpg.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mine has not dropped quite that much. Summer average was 38-40 mpg, winter has been more like 36-38 mpg. Could just be the difference between Maryland and Minnesota winters.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Do you feel that the trip computer is not accurate?
That's what I thought. I don't expect it to be perfect, but I thought it'd be close.

Unix5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Vehicle Showcase

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I have all stop and go city traffic. I get 26 at best but usually 24.5 mpg. I do get on it a bit. Sometimes it needs to be more than an a to b drive.
My all time average is 29.8 mpg, about 75% city driving. But on my last drive I averaged 49 mpg on a 45 mile trip. I didn't intend to maximize mpg's but when I noticed it kept rising, then, I started feathering the accelerator trying to maximize mpg's. I wanted to see how high I could make it go. But yeah, I normally don't drive like that.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Winter hasn't changed mine much, 36 avg. the EX hatch I traded avg'd 38 with and without a tune, I don't baby them but my commute is mostly hwy. Pretty darn awesome for what it is.
Sponsored