Type-R Custom Paint Job

Tarrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-5
Spent some time in the good old photoshop making a custom CTR paint job. The paints colors themselves are from the base CTR colors (rallye red, championship white, crystal black) from the Honda civic build & price tab on the Honda website.

Besides slight mistakes in the detail and maybe not the greatest text font I could have chosen, what do you think of the design? All criticisms and compliments appreciated alike.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-R Custom Paint Job BqzxPRE
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Nice photoshop skills but not a fan of the half black, half white. I think solid stock colors look better, and add some red/black/white accents to customize it.

Last edited:

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I suggest black from the pillars up, winglets in black, roof in black. Absolutely no Type R typography on the doors. I'd lose all red accents on the outside too, so the lower bodywork would be just black.

OP
OP

Tarrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-5
Nice photoshop skills but not a fan of the half black, half white. I think solid stock colors look better, and add some red/black/white accents to customize it.
I'll see about making a version that looks like what you describe. Any particular base colors w/ color accents you'd like to see? Also, do you have any specific accent locations in mind?

I suggest black from the pillars up, winglets in black, roof in black. Absolutely no Type R typography on the doors. I'd lose all red accents on the outside too, so the lower bodywork would be just black.
So basically... A black civic type r? Or did I misunderstand something? The roof is already entirely black.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So basically... A black civic type r? Or did I misunderstand something? The roof is already entirely black.
Take a white Type R, black out the roof and A/C pillars (the B pillar is already black). Take the white winglets of the rear wing and paint them black too. Leave the rest stock, and remove all the red from the lower body effects.

OP
OP

Tarrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-5
Take a white Type R, black out the roof and A/C pillars (the B pillar is already black). Take the white winglets of the rear wing and paint them black too. Leave the rest stock, and remove all the red from the lower body effects.
Pardon the very rough WIP, I intend to touch it up a little in a second - but is is this what you had in mind? (I also carbon'd out the red trim from the underskirts, let me know if it adds or removes from the idea)

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-R Custom Paint Job UIzEEHy

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-R Custom Paint Job ct0pZyi

OP
OP

Tarrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-5
Yup - not sure if I like it or not but its what I was trying to picture.
Let me know if you have something else in mind that you'd like to see! I'm open to trying out some other ideas as well, since photoshop is one of the past-times that I like to mess around with.
One of my ideas is to try to reimagine the Mazda Miata Veilside RX7 from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift using the CTR platform.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Please don’t do this to an actual car

It’s a fine piece of machinery ... it’s flashy enough ... pick a solid color and drive

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a sedan in these colors a while ago. It got impounded soon after it came out of the bodyshop :confused: i guess cops didn't like it

OP
OP

Tarrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-5
Please don’t do this to an actual car

It’s a fine piece of machinery ... it’s flashy enough ... pick a solid color and drive
Well, to each person's preference :p

I wouldn't do my initial design without further thought or input from an actual designer - there's more than one thing I don't like that I'd like to straighten out before I would ruin a civic x with such a design ^^

There was a sedan in these colors a while ago. It got impounded soon after it came out of the bodyshop :confused: i guess cops didn't like it
Everyone knows that how cool your car looks has a 1:1 ratio of how fast it goes. This paint job, plus some ridiculous wheels and a bigger spoiler, adds like 450 horsepower. Breaks laws, for sure. Cops already know what's up.

Btw What photoshop are you using? On a PC?
Yeah, I'm using Photoshop on the Adobe CC platform. Licensed through my school's discount, so the CC package is much cheaper. Running on PC, as you mentioned.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
i like the 2nd photo ... without the obnoxious TYPE R side panel