The forbidden fruit is forbidden no more....

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh the PPF definitely will! Brand new paint if you ever take it off.
These installers are definitely not the cheapest in town. They just pretty much took apart the entire hatch assembly & the lower wing to tint the rear window. They said it could be done without all that, but it wouldn't meet their standards. I can appreciate that. I know it gets the cost up, but I would always rather have it done right the first time & not have to worry about it.

Sorry, Eddie, I took over your thread talking about PPF!! I'll shut up now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eddie

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
These installers are definitely not the cheapest in town. They just pretty much took apart the entire hatch assembly & the lower wing to tint the rear window. They said it could be done without all that, but it wouldn't meet their standards. I can appreciate that. I know it gets the cost up, but I would always rather have it done right the first time & not have to worry about it.

Sorry, Eddie, I took over your thread talking about PPF!! I'll shut up now.
Not at all brotha please share away!! I love hearing about the experiences, it helps us all out! Keep sharing

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Share some pics my friend!
I will definitely post some pics & do a little write up on all this jazz for other guys to learn from. All the film should be done by Wednesday afternoon and then it gets a ceramic bath. I should have pics ready to go by Friday.

I have 2 teenage girls, so now I just need to get the interior plasti dipped!

OP
OP
Eddie

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@J35W2 i made sure not to have the front plate bracket screwed on, but I do need a plate up there. Any ideas for me? I did see this in another thread

Honda Civic 10th gen The forbidden fruit is forbidden no more.... IMG_7369.PNG

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, that's a tough one. Luckily NC does not require a front plate (yet.) I'm with you on finding a custom bracket that bolts to the mesh grill instead of drilling holes in the bumper. Let me have a look at some of the suppliers we use for custom mounting brackets for work. I'll let you know if I find something that could be minimally customized to work.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this web site, Eddie. They make custom metal brackets for all kinds of applications. This page has barrels & caps. The cap could bolt on the inside of the mesh grill to one side of the barrel & then the other side of the barrel is also drilled for a screw that you could mount the plate to? Does that make sense? I can draw it up, if that doesn't make sense.

Just an idea, but this company can pretty much make anything. Not sure how much a one off piece would be, but they have a ton of stuff already stocked that could work.

http://www.monarchmetal.com/products/stainless-aluminum-standoffs/

Last edited:

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This make sense? One of these for each of the four screw hole locations.
Honda Civic 10th gen The forbidden fruit is forbidden no more.... Plate

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eddie

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag