Strangest reaction/situation you've been in because of your R?

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
I haven't noticed them yet...just the Toyota's with their blinking 3rd brake light.
I'll be surprised if part of the future of motoring doesn't include some amount of augmented reality display on the windshield that does something to help highlight problem areas ahead. Car brake systems could invisibly transmit data such as how hard the vehicle is braking so the cars behind them can make a better braking input decision.
It's coming and called V2X or Vehicle to everything. The FCC has already set aside the 75 MHz in the spectrum of 5.850-5.925 GHz for intelligent transport systems. Here's the Wikipedia page on it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle-to-everything

boxcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just this morning an Energy Green Pearl 10th gen Civic coupe came flying up behind me. I politely pulled into the right lane and he flew by. He gets a quarter mile or so past me and starts braking pretty hard. Lets off the brakes and then taps the brakes a few more times to let me catch up. I'm at the speed limit. So when I catch up I see a guy grinning from ear to ear with his phone out taking pictures or video, who knows. I smile and wave, slip from Comfort cruising to +R, drop into a lower gear and take off to give him a show since the highway was clear other than us for about a mile in front and behind us. Didn't go too far before letting off the gas. Just wanted to show the "fans" what she could do. :)

A few weeks back I'm on my way to work, same highway, and pass an on-ramp where a 10th gen Si Sedan is merging onto the highway behind me a few cars. He pulls into the left lane and speeds up (not too fast) and pulls into the right lane behind me and follows me for the next mile and a half to my exit and takes it as well. He proceeds to follow me through a few lights, turns into the business park where I work, and follows me into the parking lot. Freaked me out a little, but we ended up talking for about 20 minutes about my R and his Si. He actually works in the same business park as me, just a few buildings down. He hadn't seen an R on the road yet and just wanted to check it out. It was a good talk. Just this morning I pulled into the parking lot at work and he was sitting there waiting for me to arrive. He said he's got someone building him a front splitter for his Si similar to ours on the R and wanted to take another look at my car for reference. I've got a PMM R and his Si is Modern Steel so he gets a pretty decent idea of what it will look like on his car with similar coloring and all. He tells me about his Injen intake that he's put on his car since our last talk and pops the hood to let me take a look. He also tells me about a muffler he had a friend custom weld with the stock exhaust tip and resonator delete. I wish for the life of me I could remember what muffler he said he purchased because it had a great low rumble/growl to it with some deep sounding crackles even at low speed when he engaged the clutch. It sounded REALLY good and made me quite jealous. It did not have a rice, fart-can sound at all. In summary, strange encounter to start but I'm glad he followed me into the parking lot. We're going to touch base from time to time to catch up as we've made any modifications to our cars.

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
If you're looking for one, my local dealer is getting a CW in October
I almost bought one there but someone else put a deposit down before I committed. In fact, this CW one may be the one, since it was in transit.

Great salesperson and manager there - and a pretty minimal markup. And...it's a CW - someone needs to grab it.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Lol love reading stuff like this, keep the stories coming guys/gals :thumbsup:

Hopefully I have a story of my own whenever I get my CTR.... ;)
I'm sure even by early next year they'll be still be rare on the road. I have only seen ONE other type R without scheduling a meet or something. It was parked tho and I didn't know the owner. (the catalyst for me choosing a BLUE ONE over a black one I sought for so long).

Oh, not funny or strange, but my first set of compliments (2 of them) came right after I walked out of the bank after signing the bill of sale/handing over check and receiving the keys. (I bought it used, 600 miles, for 34k flat. No dealer fees, and an empty line on the title for purchase price ;) I've also taken my boss on a ride and scared him haha.

OP
OP
typemismatch

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Just this morning an Energy Green Pearl 10th gen Civic coupe came flying up behind me. I politely pulled into the right lane and he flew by. He gets a quarter mile or so past me and starts braking pretty hard. Lets off the brakes and then taps the brakes a few more times to let me catch up. I'm at the speed limit. So when I catch up I see a guy grinning from ear to ear with his phone out taking pictures or video, who knows. I smile and wave, slip from Comfort cruising to +R, drop into a lower gear and take off to give him a show since the highway was clear other than us for about a mile in front and behind us. Didn't go too far before letting off the gas. Just wanted to show the "fans" what she could do. :)

A few weeks back I'm on my way to work, same highway, and pass an on-ramp where a 10th gen Si Sedan is merging onto the highway behind me a few cars. He pulls into the left lane and speeds up (not too fast) and pulls into the right lane behind me and follows me for the next mile and a half to my exit and takes it as well. He proceeds to follow me through a few lights, turns into the business park where I work, and follows me into the parking lot. Freaked me out a little, but we ended up talking for about 20 minutes about my R and his Si. He actually works in the same business park as me, just a few buildings down. He hadn't seen an R on the road yet and just wanted to check it out. It was a good talk. Just this morning I pulled into the parking lot at work and he was sitting there waiting for me to arrive. He said he's got someone building him a front splitter for his Si similar to ours on the R and wanted to take another look at my car for reference. I've got a PMM R and his Si is Modern Steel so he gets a pretty decent idea of what it will look like on his car with similar coloring and all. He tells me about his Injen intake that he's put on his car since our last talk and pops the hood to let me take a look. He also tells me about a muffler he had a friend custom weld with the stock exhaust tip and resonator delete. I wish for the life of me I could remember what muffler he said he purchased because it had a great low rumble/growl to it with some deep sounding crackles even at low speed when he engaged the clutch. It sounded REALLY good and made me quite jealous. It did not have a rice, fart-can sound at all. In summary, strange encounter to start but I'm glad he followed me into the parking lot. We're going to touch base from time to time to catch up as we've made any modifications to our cars.
Sometimes, the best friends you make are the ones you make because you have the same/similar car and start a conversation

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I think just the attention this car gets as a stock Honda is quite strange and interesting. All these years and esp this day and age, I've never witnessed people react this way on a stock car. Almost feels like I have a Ferrari or a Bugatti or something. This car is truly love at first site for me. Loved it the min I saw the revealing online.
I had a random guy at the SMOG station ask me what this car was. And then he asks if it was especially made for me. I'm like..lol!! Naw!! No man, I'm not that special. Anyone can get this...

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I think just the attention this car gets as a stock Honda is quite strange and interesting. All these years and esp this day and age, I've never witnessed people react this way on a stock car. Almost feels like I have a Ferrari or a Bugatti or something. This car is truly love at first site for me. Loved it the min I saw the revealing online.
I had a random guy at the SMOG station ask me what this car was. And then he asks if it was especially made for me. I'm like..lol!! Naw!! No man, I'm not that special. Anyone can get this...
Yea, a lot of people were surprised when I said this is what u get when u pick it up from the dealership. It truly is a beauty of a car.... (except for the back lol, her ass might be too big for me to handle)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I've probably been featured in more snapchat videos than I can count on two hands... beginning with the drive home from the dealer :rofl:
On that topic...I hadn't picked my car up yet and I was seeing pictures on @HondaPro Jason facebook feed or whatever. I was like ' hey that's my TypeR serial plate!!!'

It's coming and called V2X or Vehicle to everything. The FCC has already set aside the 75 MHz in the spectrum of 5.850-5.925 GHz for intelligent transport systems. Here's the Wikipedia page on it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle-to-everything
That's awesome! I'd love to be involved in this kind of work - I find it fascinating. I gotta see if anyone local to me or in SE FL is doing R&D on this-

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had 2 people ask me “What kind of Honda is that?!” “I’ve never seen a Honda that looks like that!”

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CTR's need those dual-stage brake lights like the BMW's have.

Actually, I'm surprised no other makes implemented this technology.
I actually havent seen these dual stage brake lights. Is it like the blinking brake lights that blink for the first sec befor going to steady?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I’ve had 2 people ask me “What kind of Honda is that?!” “I’ve never seen a Honda that looks like that!”
haha yeah. I had a guy the other day ask me if i did all of those mods myself or if they produce it like that from the factory.

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha yeah. I had a guy the other day ask me if i did all of those mods myself or if they produce it like that from the factory.
Lol yeah when I told one of the guys it was indeed a Honda he goes “Man, they really stepped their game up, that looks good!”

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This one loser was like "why would you do that to a civic?!" lol go back to school kid.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I haven't had anyone bother to talk to me to say something bad although i'm sure there are people out there who thinks it looks like shit lol.

Although I did kind of over hear a crowd of sti ppl gossiping about the car in what looked like a negative way when I went to cars and coffee the other day. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though so things like that really doesn't bother me. For every person that likes the car, I can bet there will be a person that hates the car.
Sponsored