So you dont get a Type R then what?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
HAHA! Yea, I've seen this. You know, I think he makes some great points during the laps. The torque from the M3 is just insane and it wants to blow the rear end off mid corner when you lay it down. When you compare the two, especially around such a narrow and tight circuit the FK2 puts down an amazing time. The FK2 is much lighter as well (about 400lbs) so it's no surprise that it's giving the M3 a run. The reality is that my decision to purchase one wasn't really made based on lap times, it's about all of the other things that come along with the M3. The build quality, RWD factor and endless amounts of torque combined with instant shifts make it worth it for me. Not to mention, the interior is amazing and the car is super comfortable on the highway. Worth twice the price? Hard to say because I've never driven an FK8 but, it does beg the question, right?

We will see what happens after I can get the FK8 on the track. haha!

Used m3/m4 is about 50 nowadays. Some CTR is asking 60...
Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
And what's stopping a Chevy dealership from charging $70k + $25k ADM? :rofl:
I did not state ADM was impossible for Chevy.
Wanted to stress that instead of paying ADM on CTR you can find some other alternatives. Might need some luck, I'm not sure how exclusive this model will be.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
SS 1le can be had for under 40k, its fast as a GT3 on the track. Quite a feat. I'd probably get one if just the rear tires a over 500 a piece

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Realistically no one should be looking at a Type R as their main source of transportation, so everyone SHOULD be able to wait until they can find one for a price they are willing to pay. But of course, the more that are out there the more the price will drop.
I will drive it all day, everyday. That's what cars are for.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Mine will be driven as well. Maybe not as much as 25k per year, however. More like 15kish lol.

darthpnoy1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Scion FRS, 2004 Lexus GS430
Going to see how the market goes for CTR, I'd like to see them make a sedan variant as I was really a big fan of the FD2 Type R. But picked up a FG2 Fiji Blue recently to crave my K20 and MT roots again.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
I totally disagree with you on the MX-5. It was so horrible to drive that I almost returned the var 5 minutes into the testdrive. I'm a driver that often rest my right arm on the stickshift, and when having the car in neutral or with the clutch kicked in waiting for green light or something, you'll feel much vibrations into the stick. It was really annoying and it killed the driving experience.
Also I think the car has to much hardplastic in the interior and I struggled finding a decent place for my cellphone, and charge it at the same time. And I didn't like the cupholders.
Also, I'm 180cm tall, and my head touched the roof when having the rooftop on.

Besides that, it was a nice car to drive, but not to own.
I'm 5'11" and height was not an issue for me (shorter torso?), but I agree that there is some degree of vibration through the tranny and even the pedals - it is not a heavily damped car, but that is inevitable given its extremely light weight (about 2350 lbs). The cupholders are removable, and one can be snapped into the passenger well when you are driving solo. Space is something you have to be willing to sacrifice to have the feeling of agility and liveliness that only a small light car can give you.
Sponsored