danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So my TPMS light goes off on my way to work so on my lunch I go to Arco to fill up my tires. I connect the air hose and all it does is let air out of the tire. I move it in every direction and even press down hard on it and it would still not work and continued letting air out. I try it on the rear tire and same thing. So I though maybe it was just that air hose so I go to a different gas station with both tires already pretty deflated and try the same thing. The same exact thing ends up happening and now I'm freaking out because my tires are super low. I tried everything and then it hit me that we have the air pump that comes with the car and it saved my ass. Has anyone had this happen to them? I don't know what the issue was, usually when I connect the air pump it'll let some air out and then when you press it at the right angle it'll stop and you can fill up your tire. It was not working for me at 2 different gas stations.
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I have the same issue with the schreader valve attachment on my compressor at home. You have to insert it completely parallel to the valve, straight into it, then press straight down very firmly. Anything deviating from straight will let all the air out. It's super annoying.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the same issue with the schreader valve attachment on my compressor at home. You have to insert it completely parallel to the valve, straight into it, then press straight down very firmly. Anything deviating from straight will let all the air out. It's super annoying.
Man I swear I tried every which way but I didn't want to keep trying because then my tire would've been too flat to even drive on (that's when I realized I had the compressor in the trunk)

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Man I swear I tried every which way but I didn't want to keep trying because then my tire would've been too flat to even drive on (that's when I realized I had the compressor in the trunk)
Hah I was going to mention the trunk compressor. So that one worked fine then?

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hah I was going to mention the trunk compressor. So that one worked fine then?
Yea once you screw it on completely then no air leaks out. But it's kind of annoying to because it's hard to get an accurate reading with it as well because it takes a few seconds to unscrew and while your unscrewing it lets air out

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Yea once you screw it on completely then no air leaks out. But it's kind of annoying to because it's hard to get an accurate reading with it as well because it takes a few seconds to unscrew and while your unscrewing it lets air out
You have to screw quickly.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I think all of the adapters that do not either screw down or clamp down on the valve have this issue. Some are deeper and have a rubber liner and those work a bit better.

Deleted member 26142

Interesting.. I have a DT6 Inflator from Matco and have never run into that issue. Possibly the adapter from those gas stations were the issue.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I always overfill by a few pounds and then bleed it down with a handheld gauge.

Are you sure the compressor was on at the gas station? I see more and more stations switching to the ones that require quarters.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The same thing happened to me one time when the weather got really cold. TPMS triggered and the first two gas stations I went to I lost air from trying to inflate my tires. Fortunately a 3rd station had a working machine. I now keep one of those portable battery powered air compressors in my car just in case.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
What do you do when the outside air is 70 degrees one day and 30 degrees a couple days later then back up into the 60’s? I’ve been seeing my cold tire pressures vary a lot lately...

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I always overfill by a few pounds and then bleed it down with a handheld gauge.

Are you sure the compressor was on at the gas station? I see more and more stations switching to the ones that require quarters.
Yea it was turned on...I could hear it and pressed it and it was working ...I just couldn't find the right angle for it to stop leaking air out it was weird

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The same thing happened to me one time when the weather got really cold. TPMS triggered and the first two gas stations I went to I lost air from trying to inflate my tires. Fortunately a 3rd station had a working machine. I now keep one of those portable battery powered air compressors in my car just in case.
Well the car comes with one though

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I've never had this happen to me and i've filled my tires at the gas station multiple times. I just take the air nozzle which doesn't have a clamp or anything, stick it in the tire stem and it's good to go. I think maybe it's just the station probably, no reason why air going into a tire would result in it deflating it's not working properly.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've never had this happen to me and i've filled my tires at the gas station multiple times. I just take the air nozzle which doesn't have a clamp or anything, stick it in the tire stem and it's good to go. I think maybe it's just the station probably, no reason why air going into a tire would result in it deflating it's not working properly.
I could get air going into it because I couldn't find the right angle of the hose....it's never happened to me too now either and I tried 2 different gas stations and same thing ..was weird ..but I was just lucky to remember that these cars come with an air compressor
Sponsored