Retrofit

S2000IsGoat

First Name
Great Question
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport / 04 S2000 AP2 (RIP)
Country flag
Has anyone retrofitted their headlights yet? If so, drop some photos! I'm debating on retrofitting my headlights as LED's throw will not compare to HID's. :)
Sponsored

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok.. so lets get started

Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_0696.JPG

After:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1079 (1).JPG

Day Cutoff:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 106285359_1223719131312089_3620299026141713492_n

Night Cutoff:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_06-12

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 117942552_1397053563838973_6961132218522604373_n

Day Time Low/High Beam:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1071 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1072.JPG

Night Time Low/High Beam:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 117740681_336153317430636_1696465637008259127_n

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 117929017_311876430015648_2674928817324090155_n

Night Shots:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit RoneSt

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1129 (1)

Blacked Out Headlights:
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1076_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IMG_1223.JPG

Nothing fancy, I don't have strobe lights coming out of my headlights but the light is supreme.
My set up is:

Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0
Philips XV2 Bulbs

Project took me 4 days to complete. I wrote up a DIY too.
Thank You @zspeed :thumbsup:

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Rone811 Do you think it would be worth getting the Philips XV2 in H11B to use on the OEM projectors?

Idk if I'm ready to tackle a retrofit... Used to do em back in the day, but I'd rather pay someone nowadays for a retrofit ?

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@Rone811 Do you think it would be worth getting the Philips XV2 in H11B to use on the OEM projectors?

Idk if I'm ready to tackle a retrofit... Used to do em back in the day, but I'd rather pay someone nowadays for a retrofit ?
I was thinking to myself I should do another retrofit for my car and then thought haha no way it’s so good I’m happy with it. My next retrofit for 10th gen would just be better. I found some carbon fiber sheets on Amazon I thought be awesome to use as brackets but haha who would see them??? ?

The retrofit source is having a sale now for Black Friday. There’s other decent lights u can buy it doesn’t have to be the xv2. The XV2 is the best on aftermarket projectors in my opinion.
I’m working on doing a set of headlights for a 9th gen civic now.
If you decide you want a retrofit I’ll do it for you for 600$/no warranty. ? I would just need a pair of oem headlights

Your shopping list:
*Retrofit kit
Choose ur projector:
Mini H1
Or
D2S 5.0
You don’t need a shroud:
Harness: H11
Optional is if you want high beam low beam splitter 8.50$ each
I also need x2 Universal brackets for whichever projector you choose 30$
Bulbs: Phillips XV2
Price for parts: 436$-490

you just send me headlights, brackets, projectors I already have bulbs to test with.
Let me know if you want them painted. I’ll get it done for you. I estimate start to finish it would take me about 3 days.

I’m sure you could find a local guy to retrofit you out there. Joint headlight junkies and ask for a retrofitter next to ur location.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll play.

Before (PnP Morimoto 5500k H11B into OEM headlights -- same fuzzy cutoff with squirrel finders as OEM halogens):
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit j26tajC

After (Morimoto H1 retroquik kit -- I should note that rotational alignment was a hair of in this pic. Has since been fixed):
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 5DPhXCa

blacked out the bezels while I had it apart. Just some off-the-shelf rustoleum or whatever we had laying around the house in satin black.
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit IPIuNsF

here's the best pic I found of stock headlights for comparison's sake
Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit WkTH9TN

Nothing fancy in my setup either. Morimoto Mini 7.0 H1 projectors (no shrouds), Morimoto xB 35W ballasts I had from the PnP set, Morimoto H1 bulbs (I opted for the Motoh1lders for shits and giggles), and their relay harness with high beam splitters so people I flash get a double dose of my LED high beams and 5500k low beams when it drops the shield. Sealant, I had plenty leftover 3M windoweld from retrofitting EM2 headlights way back when. I thought the mini h1 retrofit into H4 headlights was easy, but this retro is maybe a hair more difficult because you have to trim the adapter bracket ever so slightly (like... 1/4" x 1" section you have to trim away, and a dremel with a sanding drum makes short work of it).

I've seen a lot of hate for morimoto/TRS shit, but no real problems worth noting. Maybe a few times I had some fail to fire on one headlight when it's cold out, but haven't had that problem in over a year. They've always had great customer service, so take that for what it's worth

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking to myself I should do another retrofit for my car and then thought haha no way it’s so good I’m happy with it. My next retrofit for 10th gen would just be better. I found some carbon fiber sheets on Amazon I thought be awesome to use as brackets but haha who would see them??? ?

The retrofit source is having a sale now for Black Friday. There’s other decent lights u can buy it doesn’t have to be the xv2. The XV2 is the best on aftermarket projectors in my opinion.
If you decide you want a retrofit I’ll do it for you for 600$/no warranty. ? I would just need a pair of oem headlights

Your shopping list:
*Retrofit kit
Choose ur projector:
Mini H1
Or
D2S 5.0
You don’t need a shroud:

you just send me headlights, brackets, projectors I already have bulbs to test with.
Let me know if you want them painted. I’ll get it done for you. I estimate start to finish it would take me about 3 days.

I’m sure you could find a local guy to retrofit you out there. Joint headlight junkies and ask for a retrofitter next to ur location.
One thing I miss from my 3rd gen TL was such great OEM D2S projectors so I've been flirting with the idea of getting D2S projectors in the Si.

I've been using TRS and Morimoto products for over 10 years, so I'm on their email list and saw the Black Friday email yesterday loll. I'll definitely send a PM if I end up getting the parts for a retrofit!

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag

Your shopping list:
*Retrofit kit
Choose ur projector:
Mini H1
Or
D2S 5.0
You don’t need a shroud:

you using h11 to d2s adapter? stock wiring won't be plug & play for projectors.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Your observation is spot on :p
Gonna stalk your threads to find build thread and stuff ;)
im going to build a 9th gen soon I’ll have build photos for that as well. ?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Your shopping list:
*Retrofit kit
Choose ur projector:
Mini H1
Or
D2S 5.0
You don’t need a shroud:

Finally ended up retrofitting some real D2S projectors in!!

Got new Sport headlamps from Honda with:
  • NHK G5-R bixenon D2S projectors
  • Osram 66240 CBI D2S bulbs
  • Morimoto XB 2.0 35w ballasts
  • Morimoto D2S ignitors
Here is a teaser pic compared to my Hikari Ultra "12000 lumen" drop-in LED. Taken at 5pm, so still a bit of sunlight.

I cannot WAIT to throw these in and fire em up!

Honda Civic 10th gen Retrofit 20210507_170518
Sponsored