cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi All, just happened two days ago, I was backing into my garage, the radio was on XM, and a call came in, tried to to answer from dash and could not, put it in neutral and answered the phone. After that I could not shut off the radio, still can't. Will contact the dealer, keep you posted.
Sponsored

JJT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL with navigation
Mine did the same thing last week. I rebooted the system. Press the audio on/off button for about five seconds or so, it will ask you to rebook. After I did that, I was able to turn on and off.

OP
OP

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Wait, so the radio stayed on even after the car turned off?
No it just won't shut off. Every time now I start the car the radio is on, and it won't shut off at all. I have been in and out with the car at least four times since then.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No it just won't shut off. Every time now I start the car the radio is on, and it won't shut off at all. I have been in and out with the car at least four times since then.
Even after a reboot?

OP
OP

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Even after a reboot?
Can't reboot, the AUDIO button is non responsive, but I will try again this morning on my way to work.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
If you can't force the reboot, I'd suggest either pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery for a short while. That should force a reset due to a power outage - It will come back and tell you there was a power outage, but should be okay after that (for a while). IF you are not using Android Auto or Car Play, I'd disable those in the "hidden" menu - this will free up some resources (clearly, this unit does not have enough). There is a thread on here for that.

I wonder if Honda is regretting not spending (and charging) an extra few bucks for some more ram on this thing yet.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I wonder if Honda is regretting not spending (and charging) an extra few bucks for some more ram on this thing yet.
They could have given it 16 GB and, if all the code still sucked, it would all still leak away, just take a little longer.

OP
OP

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Can't reboot, the AUDIO button is non responsive, but I will try again this morning on my way to work.
I was able to reboot this morning, just took a long time of holding my finger on the AUDIO button, but it did do a reboot and it did allow me to turn the radio off and on and off again, after that, so thanks all!!

DJSeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Man, sounds like all issues point to bad software. Hopefully by the time Coupe comes out they will address some bugs.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

DJSeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I really wanted to get this car. But the number of issues is just scary. I'm leaning towards getting CPO '14 Mazda 6.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really wanted to get this car. But the number of issues is just scary. I'm leaning towards getting CPO '14 Mazda 6.
Not saying the car is flawless, especially as regards infotainment software, but going to an Internet car forum to determine how many problems you'd have with a given new car is like going to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting to see if it's safe for you to have a beer.

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had a similar issue with being unable to turn off the infotainment unit, but it did ultimately fix itself after rebooting. Here was the sequence of events:

- Was on a phone call using Bluetooth.
- Turned on right turn indicator, which resulted in the right-sided camera appropriately turning on.
- Call ended before I had turned yet.
- I turned right, but the camera would not deactivate. It continued to update the video, so it was functioning, but it would not go away.
- Pushing the end of the turn indicator shaft did not turn off the camera.
- The words "In call" would not go away on the top of the screen despite the call being over.
- Music resumed playing from FM radio after the call ended, but the screen stayed on the camera.

After about 2 minutes of being stuck, the infotainment unit seemed to crash and reboot itself. It worked until I got home. When I went to turn off the car, the infotainment unit would not turn off. I ultimately was able to reboot it and it seems to be working again.

Here is a video of the radio not turning off. I didn't record the issue with the stuck camera before that. I apologize for the crappy video, but I took it after coming home from an overnight shift at the hospital and was pretty tired:

Sponsored