Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
I had to make an emergency stop on the way home today - some douche ran a red light and I had to come to a full stop from about 50 mph. It's raining too. I thought I was toast.

Anyways, I hauled to a stop so fast I had a few feet left in change. Our brakes are the shit. I love having super car level brakes. That is all.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I had to make an emergency stop on the way home today - some douche ran a red light and I had to come to a full stop from about 50 mph. It's raining too. I thought I was toast.

Anyways, I hauled to a stop so fast I had a few feet left in change. Our brakes are the shit. I love having super car level brakes. That is all.
What kinda tires do you have?

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
I'm on Continental DWS06 All-Season 265/35/18 on 18x9.5" wheels.

With the wet, I was expecting to have ABS really kick in and push me out farther into the intersection. Nope - there was some pulsing but the car just gripped and stopped. Pretty awesome.

Anyways, maybe not Supercar GT track level brakes, but a hell of a lot better than most other cars per instrumented tests.

Also, yeah, the dust on these pads is insane. I was iffy on my gunmetal wheels, but they do *a lot* better at hiding the dust than the stock gloss black.

Last edited:

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
I am in no way saying they are better than super car brakes. I just state the publicly available data puts them in the same class. Definitely bottom of the class but they are in the back sorta paying attention.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag

Glad you avoided the accident. I, too, have shared a similar experience recently and was amazed that the r brakes saved me. Any other car I'd owned it would have impacted. The type r brakes are fantastic...I'm now more worried about people behind me because of my stopping capabilities so I still stay back from the folks in front.

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
I think they tested it and got a 70-0 or 60-0 in like 98 or 99 feet don’t quote me directly on that but it’s right around most high end performance car’s stopping distance numbers. Plus or minus a few feet. Better tires would obviously decrease the distance even more

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Yep. I've upgraded my brakes on my older Honda's as well because everything is about nothing about being responsible behind the wheel anymore.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on Continental DWS06 All-Season 265/35/18 on 18x9.5" wheels.

With the wet, I was expecting to have ABS really kick in and push me out farther into the intersection. Nope - there was some pulsing but the car just gripped and stopped. Pretty awesome.

Anyways, maybe not Supercar GT track level brakes, but a hell of a lot better than most other cars per instrumented tests.

Also, yeah, the dust on these pads is insane. I was iffy on my gunmetal wheels, but they do *a lot* better at hiding the dust than the stock gloss black.
same tire here man, stops really good in the rain. I do miss the summer tires though when it's dry out...the DWS are good, but not good enough for ktuner stage 1 :D

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag

The point of this person's message is this--Honda actually put brakes on the car which match its powertrain, which was not the case for the Acura RSX type-S I had previously or my previous WRX, or even a few GTIs I have driven. In day-to-day driving, I am amazed at how the brakes bring the car to a stop with minimal pedal effort. Thanks to Honda for this feat of engineering.
Sponsored